need help finding a crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: need help finding a crossbow

Post by one shot scott »

I've got a solution, we'll put my shed in your outhouse, everyones happy!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ok now wait a minute did I miss something..I’ve looked at Johnlukes post ( ALL OF THEM) and yes he’s wanting a xbow. For the most part after reading his post its very possible he is a young guy. It seems he just got his hunting license. It seems to me if he was up to no good his delivery and agenda would be more hidden in his post. His obvious goal to get a xbow at a low price seems innocent as demanding and transparent as it seems. He is exhausting all of his avenues at best to try to find a inexpensive xbow..I don’t have a problem with that..He’s shopping for sure and maybe he doesn’t have as much $ as he really needs at this point, but he’s got his feelers out looking and probing the waters. Ive been that excited before.
SO WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS HERE!
Has he said anything wrong? Did he offend anyone?
He is a new guy and until he proves himself a spammer or an anti or someone trying to take advantage. I do believe in sticking with the tradition of this fine forum. We give Johnluke the respect we all want for ourselves. I do believe in being diligent and on guard to some respect but Johnluke has not given any of us a reason to treat him less than. What IF he is a young guy and just like all of us ready for a new toy and cannot wait for it. That’s the vibe I’ve got. But I have been wrong before. However what I am not wrong about is the manner in which he is being handled given he is new and not yet blemished his name. If he is legitimate the forum will be lucky to salvage this guy and retain him as a member after hes been handled in this manner.
Boo wrote:LOL! Anyone care for a ride?
Don as a front runner on the forum and a generous long suffering man that you have proven yourself to be, I was flat floored to see you assume this so soon. I offer up these words of wisdom that my Dad shared with me as a young man. “What we see in a man depends mainly on what we look for”
I have been wrong before so if there is something I don’t know about Johnluke please tell me. If not I see some house cleaning need be done by a few..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Thanks Hoss - I thought I was the only one that didn't get it.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Bones

Post by Bones »

No worries I didn't get it as well ? To fast on the trigger I guess, but willing to accept if I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Bones
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Hoss,

You are bang on about this. He is a friend of mine and just got his PAL and his hunters card for Ontario. He has been looking for a crossbow and trying to scrape together enough money to buy one.

He is super excited about getting a bow and going hunting. I pointed him to Excalibur and also this forum. After some of the comments I was beginning to second guess that idea.

I wasn't sure what I was missing and had been watching this thread to see if I could pick up on it. I had a feeling that all things in the thread were not above board but was letting it slide after the fiasco of the last few weeks on here.

So to clear things up. JohnLuke is 16 and a super kid that any of us would be proud to be associated with.

RESPECT guys/gals!

Thanks!

W
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

WalknTall wrote:Hoss,

You are bang on about this. He is a friend of mine and just got his PAL and his hunters card for Ontario. He has been looking for a crossbow and trying to scrape together enough money to buy one.

He is super excited about getting a bow and going hunting. I pointed him to Excalibur and also this forum. After some of the comments I was beginning to second guess that idea.

I wasn't sure what I was missing and had been watching this thread to see if I could pick up on it. I had a feeling that all things in the thread were not above board but was letting it slide after the fiasco of the last few weeks on here.

So to clear things up. JohnLuke is 16 and a super kid that any of us would be proud to be associated with.

RESPECT guys/gals!

Thanks!

W
With this coming up let me be the first to apoligize to John Luke and the forum. I answered his first posts with several vixens he could buy and one phoenix package which was a good buy but it seemed he would change on the model he wanted as fast as I found them for him. With all thats been going on, on this forum I took it as someone playing the members but I have been wrong before and its seems I stepped in it again. Is'nt the first time and surely will not be the last. My apology. Aging. :oops:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I don't know if I'm bein lumped into this "disrespect" or not. I do know that I gave the man a link to a bow that I saw for sale, so i gots nuthing but respect for the guy. The shingle reference threw me off a bit so I rolled with it. Johnluke seems like good folk, exactly the type we need around here.

One thing I like about this forum is the sense of humor from it's members.

In boos defense: John Luke has posted a few times requesting the same thing in each, so I can understand where he was coming from, IF IN FACT THAT IS WHAT HE MEANT. Wait to here from him before judging.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Well I got a PM from HH aka Johnluke. He assures me he’s staying around. -> THANKS to One shot and Ageing for responding to this thread in a timely fashion,Typical for the fine members we have here. Now Johnluke and his friends could see that were the thread seemed to be going was in fact the wrong direction. We could have a new young man maybe more here that fills the ranks of the hunters den well. First impressions are so important.
It seems that the one that started the pack after him has now decided that omission is the best course of action. Let it die and maybe it will go away. Let others clean it up for me. Well Hell good luck with that. If you make a post on this forum good or bad you need to step up and answer the piper when it calls. What would people think when they take the load for you which at this point seems so obvious.
one shot scott wrote:I don't know if I'm being lumped into this "disrespect" or not. The shingle reference threw me off a bit so I rolled with it.
In boos defense: John Luke has posted a few times requesting the same thing in each, so I can understand where he was coming from, IF IN FACT THAT IS WHAT HE MEANT. Wait to hear from him before judging.
First I’m not lumping anyone into anything. Let your conscious be your guide. Let the chips fall as they may. Scott you know I’m your friend and nothing has changed. Ageing from day one I’ve admired you as well you know that. Both have you have retained your integrity with me. Don you know your liked by me. I sent you more than one PM unhappy that I couldnt make it to Boo fest. Maybe next year :D But like family do..Im eatn your backside if you screw up. like it or not I care not.
DON where the hell are you on this? You are not responsible to me but to the forum members, and those who would be quick to take a stand for you.
It was even suggested to wait on you as we all are....waiting and waiting.. Remember it’s not what you said but rather how it was taken that’s important when it comes to clarification and responsibility. …
WalknTall wrote:He is super excited about getting a bow and going hunting. I pointed him to Excalibur and also this forum. After some of the comments I was beginning to second guess that idea.
When you offend ,ridicule, or make little of someone in or on a public forum meaningful or not it is there, likewise, where in a timely fashion you suck it up and do your best to retain your integrity. Yes it seemed harmless in retro but this stupid internet has us taking one another wrong all the time regardless of intent. But don’t get me wrong it’s not an out for you from my stand point. You have a much larger accountability to this forum than others do. WHY? Simply because you supply a product and services on this website that others purchase and represent for you.
Who am I? Just a voice. But my voice will be here unwavering and independent not to be purchased at any price! I call them like I see them and I weigh it heavy before I start.
We need to be very careful what we post on this idiot box its one dimensional and can kill as easy as it can heal. It seems ridicules that we as grown men would have to police ourselves about our behavior, that it doesn’t come naturally. We are self regulated in this world. Just like being in the woods..
So what will it be ole friend! Omission or admission
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Hoss, Don is in Ohio at the moment. (didnt know that when i made my previous post) I only know that now because he gave me a call. Im not sure he has internet where he is.

Without offending JohnLuke, walking tall or anyone else, can you see where don may have been coming from? J.L posted numerous times requesting a bow. Many here responded. We have been trying to help the man! Im still keeping an eye on the classifieds for him. It is now after the fact that we find out that he his an eager young man and nothing more, but without a face to the words things can be taken out of context. Thats what has happened here.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

JohnLuke: I really hope you find the bow your looking for, I will do my best to point ya towards one, and please continue to hang around here. Everyone here is good folk, like hoss said its like family. Family fight and throw punches but at the end of the day they are the ones you can trust to watch your back.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

A BIG DITTO on One Shots last two posts. John luke if I can help count on me and let me know.

P.S. I nominate Hoss as the new forum moderator. :D
hunterlukes

Post by hunterlukes »

thanks guys
I really do appreciate it

Johnluke
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Bravo Men...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

welcome to the forum, rocky start, eh? Your best bet is to find one in Canada, costs about $30 to get one from USA to there. sending pm...........
"Eze 18:21"
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

welcome to the forum hunterlukes.and hang in there and find the bow that you want.it took me two years untill i got mine but i got the one i wanted the first time out.and didn't settle for one i didn't really want with the thought of trading up later.as for the people on this forum they are all great people.and will help you all they can.i am sorry things got a little sideways for you.but keep up the hunt and when you get what you want you will like it that much more! :D