different limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

different limbs

Post by masboy »

got my new limbs today( dans the man) put them on and checked tiller and made shore everything was level. found it was harder too cock and seemed a lot faster than before and also louder . mounted scope same as before and was never off much taking it off and on before. shot 2 inches high so moved it down and was poking holes at 30 yds.was wondering if limbs get weak over time after shot a lot or mabey just a little heavier limb lbs. will find out when I move too 50yds and check my speed ring and the drop.happier than a pig in poo!! I wish everything I ever bought had people like Dan too deal with after the sale!!!!!
wabi

Re: different limbs

Post by wabi »

All Excal limbs should be close to the same strength, but I'm sure there are small variations.
Sounds like the old limbs were indeed defective. Not common, but it does happen.
At least Danny has you back in business!
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear your bow is good to go again! Have fun and shoot straight!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

was wondering if limbs get weak over time after shot a lot
Kept an Emax strung in shop for 3 yrs, winter, summer, rain or shine, no measurable loss in fps.
"Eze 18:21"
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hi Masboy,
For what reason did you get new limbs?
masboy

Post by masboy »

I had some splinters along the bottom of the limb for a while mostly in the camo finish. been sanding them out for along time and shooting fine .then had one show and keep growing that I could not sand out that was in the limb. bow still shot great but I thinned the limb some trying to sand it out.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

hankenhunter wrote:Glad you baby is back in one piece again. :D
Three cheers for Dan! 8)
Hank
yay-yay-yay-yay :roll: oh that was 4 o k so he deserves them :wink:

If i ever get to his town i'm going to stop in and meet him. :D

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
masboy

Post by masboy »

got to test my new limbs out today and the bow is a lot faster than before even with the s5 on and a higher brace height. took my big nikon off a while back and been shooting my verizone because I don,t bench rest shoot anymore. I shoot mostly 485gr. And 500gr arrows and always had the speed ring set on about 280 and now with the new limbs had to set it on 315 to be on at all distances. happier than a pig in poo!!! ( must be why I missed all them deer this year weak limbs,dirt in my eye!!!!)
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

masboy wrote:( must be why I missed all them deer this year weak limbs,dirt in my eye!!!!)
Image Image
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
masboy

Post by masboy »

that's a good one!! I like that!!!
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I put the new style limbs on my old Exocet for the same reason as you. Ran a fiberglass splinter through my hand. I hate the new limbs. It makes my bow more powerful but it also seems wider and heavier. No going back to carved tip limbs so I bought another Exocet with the old style limbs. I love it! Now I'm back to 1997 again. 8) Gary
Dash

Post by Dash »

I have the same on my equinox masboy. It looks like just a camo splinter though, not a splinter off the limb (different colors). Done the same and sanded it down, a light smear of epoxy into the splinter groove,and still going OK so far.
Them deer better watch out for your new limbs now hey :wink:
masboy

Post by masboy »

I would just keep a good eye on them dash and I,m sure you will. that's how mine started then into the limb itself.can,t fool them Kentucky boys they know them deer don,t have much too worry about with me shooting at them!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

masboy wrote:can,t fool them Kentucky boys they know them deer don,t have much too worry about with me shooting at them!
Apparently, me either. :roll: I'm running 50% on the year so far. But I'm a very firm believer in that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :wink: :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
masboy

Post by masboy »

that's funny that's the same thing my oldest son told our butcher friend when he took his nice buck there and the butcher laughted because he always had a hard time getting a deer with a bow.50 is better than my one for seven !!!!