Boo Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crossbow225lb

Boo Strings

Post by Crossbow225lb »

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but what's all the hype with boo strings?

Thanks
Crossbow225lb
Last edited by Crossbow225lb on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-DEER CRUSHER-
wabi

Re: Boo Strings

Post by wabi »

I used to go through a string or two a year, and re-served them a couple times. I'd usually do one or two re-serves then toss the string.

Bought a Boo string a few years ago used it for 2 years and it's still good. No re-serving so far, no broken strands, no problems at all. It's my back-up string now, but it shows very little wear and I could probably get another year or two out of it. :shock:
I did get another Boo string for the bow when I decided I would replace the old one and retire it to back-up duty, but that was for my desire to switch colors of the string.

I've never kept records of shots fired for the life of a string, but I'd bet if you compared string prices on a per-shot cost the Boo string would be by far the least expensive one available.
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Boo makes quality strings also several others on Forum do. Hand-built is more time consuming & makes a better string. Factory strings are good but they don't have the time to put all the nice real tight servings on. I have half dz. or more of Boo's strings & i even use one every now & again!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It's the difference between plain white and ARTISAN bread. They both are bread, one just much better. Boo's are (mostly) Flemish strings, stronger, faster than Excel, yet slightly quieter. Serving is wound tight so won't slip. Plus, made by a first rate guy.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Crossbow225lb

Post by Crossbow225lb »

I'm wondering if he could make me a Dacron string because I heard that they are easier on the limbs in case of dry fire?
-DEER CRUSHER-
Dash

Post by Dash »

Besides the other advantages the guys have already mentioned, the boo strings are made of quality material and hardly stretch like the factory dacron strings do. When you have a standard string in one hand, and a hand made boo string in the other, the differences in quality are quite evident.
derf

Post by derf »

hi from derf, bought a new 175lb phenoix this fall. was shooting threw chrono at 304 ftps. put on a fast flight flemish after tooning it jumped up to 329 ftps. 1ftps faster than my 200lb vortex with an excell string. fff strings are awsome. regards dref
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have boo strings and I have a Lou string. You too should have a boo or Lou string too.

They are good.

:D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

A Boo string is a quality product made by a quality obsessed person . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Comfy Bear made one for me also. I haven't shot it yet even tho I have had it for a couple years. I am still shooting my first Boo String. I did send it back to Boo to reserve it when I was sending another part from my Exocet 200 to be tweaked. I Will probably let the Boo string rest some next Summer and break-in the Comfy Bear String. These two makers are the only strings I have for Crossbow. I am sure there are other great string makers on this forum also.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That reminds me...That's the other plus to a boo string: I'm far to dumb to reserve my strings. I sent it back to don and he looked after it for me!

He is good.

For anyone thinking of ordering from boo: place your order early. He has a daytime gig and it ain't making strings. He does it in his spare time.
Last edited by one shot scott on Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

A Boo String is a top quality custom string. Custom . . .you pick the colors, the thickness . . .you have options. Or you can talk to Boo and get his input on making you a string with the characteristics that you desire in a string.

Better order early . . .it takes a while to get the string.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen