Crossbow storage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Re: Crossbow storage

Post by maple »

Mine stays strung from the end of Sept. 'till January 31, the whole bow season. After that I remove the dissipator bars and take off the string to relax the limbs. Come fall it's easy to reinstall. I feel it's better for the limbs, but who knows.

Maple
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

maple wrote:Mine stays strung from the end of Sept. 'till January 31, the whole bow season. After that I remove the dissipator bars and take off the string to relax the limbs. Come fall it's easy to reinstall. I feel it's better for the limbs, but who knows.

Maple
2X

Excalibur recommends removing the string and relaxing the limbs when not in use over a long period.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2008 Exomax
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

1st year of storing my Ibex, but I just took the string an dissapator pads off. If it extends the life of the limbs, can't hurt but help!!
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
ltague

Post by ltague »

toytruck wrote:1st year of storing my Ibex, but I just took the string an dissapator pads off. If it extends the life of the limbs, can't hurt but help!!
I agree, and as a new xbow user, I intend to unstring my bow as well. However, I go one step further. I remove the bow assembly, I wrap the unstrung bow assembly in a light blanket making sure that every bit of the bow assembly is covered, and I then use an old compound soft bow case that I was no longer using to store both the bow assembly and the rail/stock assembly with scope attached. With this configuration it takes much less space to store and will go into a relatively small space. I think a hard case could be built with this configuration in mind for those who would like to travel via air, etc., with their Excalibur xbows.

Larry
Axiom since Sept 2011
Two bucks down and out (17yds and 35yds) Nov. 2011
Larry
Axiom SMF user beginning 9/11
GT IV with 85gr slick tricks

Long-time standard recurve and compound bow hunter (45yrs)
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I leave mine strung all year long as I could be out shooting it any day of the year.
I have a big country yard so I don't have to go to a shooting club.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"