No means no part 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BBDOWN

No means no part 2

Post by BBDOWN »

Just thought I would update the outcome. Three guys have been charged with tresspassing and wepons they all had rifles. The land owners son got a little upset and put one guy in the hospital lucky he was never charged, I am very thankful that I never confronted theys guys and that my son was not there to see that. It breaks my heart that land mmight not be there for us next year, Today I bought him a case of beer and helped with wood but he has a lot to think about he says. Three guys that just don't get it! I can finish out the season there but I might just leave it alone.
Louvp

Re: No means no part 2

Post by Louvp »

its guys like them that give hunters a bad name. Its one thing to sneak onto ground you dont belong on,but to actually sit in someone elses blind that takes alot of nerve. Hope everything works out for you with the land owner.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
rayman

Post by rayman »

Do you pay the guy for hunting privaledge, like a lease? Maybe it's not traditional to do it that way there. Around here, nearly all private land that has a couple of deer on it is being leased. The lease amount used to be based on the property tax amount, most landowners have gotten greedy with it though.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Yikes

There's good and bad people everywhere. Hopefully the land owner realizes that even if he chooses not to let anyone hunt there, he's still going to have the same problem with people trespassing. Tell him you will police it like you just did. Never hurts to have a responsible pair of eyes on the property.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ch312

Post by ch312 »

BBDOWN wrote:The land owners son got a little upset and put one guy in the hospital lucky he was never charged
that right there just made my day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

rayman wrote:Do you pay the guy for hunting privaledge, like a lease?
next spring it might not be a bad idea to offer him a tresspass fee, not a lease to hunt there....that should show him what kind of person you are....i know i have offered a 100.00 tresspass fee to hunt the season a few times and have always been granted permission and they turned the fee down as well :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Being a farmer and going through the same BS you have spoke about . a few mess it up for the decent folk . Keep in touch with the man and keep offering to lend a hand . He may surprise you with his decision!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Wow! Sorry to hear that this turned into such a mess. I hope everything settles down and works itself out. Good luck. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads