Who got an Excalibur for Christamas?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nybowbum

Who got an Excalibur for Christamas?

Post by nybowbum »

I did!! I tried uploading a picture but it keeps coming up with "quota reached"?
Anyway, after hinting all season my wish came true and I'm a proud owner of the new Axiom SMF. It's pretty awesome. I wasn't really sold on recurve crossbows until now! What can I say, it's light, simple, accurate and fast. I sighted it in within eight shots. I really like that I can decock it unlike compounds. My only problem is our season is over and I'll have to wait till next year to use it on deer! Guess I have lots of time to practice, not that it looks like I'll need it with this thing.
Axiom SMF
Firebolt Carbons
Excalibur 2.5 x32 Scope
vixenmaster

Re: Who got an Excalibur for Christamas?

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer Excal, you have to upload yer pic's from a Host site like photobucket or Imageshack
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

**Directions for Posting Pictures**

Setting up PhotoBucket Account.

You need to make your images available on the Internet. Having them on your personal computer is not good enough so what you are going to do is set up an account with PhotoBucket that will host our images ONLINE for you! There are other hosting sites as well that work the same way!

1.) Visit PhotoBucket.com
2.) Click on Join Now
3.) Registration Step 1: Fill in a username and password.
4.) Registration Step 2: Fill in your other personal information. Don't worry - none of it will ever be shared.
Set privacy settings so only you can view your album on Photobucket.

Ok, so that's all for creating an account.
Now go ahead and try uploading a photo.

1.) Visit PhotoBucket.com
2.) Log in if you are not already.
3.) Under where it says "Choose an Image" you will see a "Browse" button. Click on the "Browse" button and select the picture on your computer that you would like to upload.
4.) Once the image from your computer has been selected, click "Open".
5.) Then simply press the "UPLOAD" button.
6.) Your image will upload to the website and you will receive a confirmation message saying "Your Images have Uploaded!"

Ok, so now you have taken the images from your computer and put them on your Photobucket account. Now you want to share this image with forums on the internet.

1.) Log into your photobucket account if you are not already.
2.) Scroll down to the bottom and you will see all the images you have uploaded. Click on the "IMG Code" text. This will AUTOMATICALLY copy the image code for you.
3.) Paste the image code into your message on the Forum.

The code that you paste into your message will look similar to this (but longer):
Code:
IMGhttp://i167.photobucket.com/pike.jpg/IMG

That's it! Nothing to it and its very convenient and beneficial to both parties. Plus, you can use your photobucket account to post images on virtually any other message board out there.

BTW, you don't have to use photobucket. Just do a google search and you will find many options.
The one I would not use is snapfish, unless you want to be bombarded by a lot of emails and promotional crap.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Yes congrats on the excal and welcome to the site.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

You must have been REALLY good this year!! :wink:
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your axiom!! :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
derf

Post by derf »

bought my son a excalibur wolverine, for christmas. my other son has a wolverine two . tack driver at 20yrds. we know own 3 excaliburs. derf
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Congrats on the bow. Someone likes ya :mrgreen: welcome to the forum. Post often!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
nybowbum

Post by nybowbum »

Thanks for the photo info everyone. I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm shopping for some bolts and broadheads with my cabelas gift cards. Its great when everyone listens to what you really want for christmas! (especially the wife..who got me the Axiom!)
Axiom SMF
Firebolt Carbons
Excalibur 2.5 x32 Scope
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

nybowbum wrote:Right now I'm shopping for some bolts and broadheads with my cabelas gift cards. Its great when everyone listens to what you really want for christmas! (especially the wife..who got me the Axiom!)
Now the other side of the coin to remember is this:

Happy Wife........................Happy Life!!!!
nybowbum

Post by nybowbum »

Ok, so all the videos I watched on the site suggests if I want the best accuracy at long range to use the 150gr bolt cutters but for the last 4 years I've been shooting rage expandables with my compound and found them to be the most accurate past 25yds. I'd love to go back to fixed blades but don't want to see the arrows flying off track. This is my first crossbow so I'm trying to research before buying and trying different broadheads and spending a lot of money. The bolts that came with it had 150gr field tips too. I also heard the lesser weight broadheads might damage the limbs? That doesn't sound right especially if Excalibur offers an expandable? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Trying to keep it simple
Axiom SMF
Firebolt Carbons
Excalibur 2.5 x32 Scope
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

For a fixed head, yes the boltcutters add some stabability, however many people use 100g mechanicals with no problem.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

nybowbum wrote:Ok, so all the videos I watched on the site suggests if I want the best accuracy at long range to use the 150gr bolt cutters but for the last 4 years I've been shooting rage expandables with my compound and found them to be the most accurate past 25yds. I'd love to go back to fixed blades but don't want to see the arrows flying off track. This is my first crossbow so I'm trying to research before buying and trying different broadheads and spending a lot of money. The bolts that came with it had 150gr field tips too. I also heard the lesser weight broadheads might damage the limbs? That doesn't sound right especially if Excalibur offers an expandable? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Trying to keep it simple
What you need to do is look at total arrow weight.
The excalibur firebolt is a very light arrow at only 267 grains without a point or broad head.
That light weight is fine for field point but not for broad heads.
At that weight of shaft the broadhead wants to steer the arrow.

The Easton Power Bolt weighs in at 370 without point
The easton aluminum [2216] weigh in at 335 grains without point.

Excalubur recomends minimum 350 grains for safe use and not accuracy in their crossbows.

So if you want to use their firebolts then you will have to use a heavier broadhead.

My deer hunting shafts are the Easton Power Bolts.
shaft with inserts and vanes..........370 grains
muzzy 4 blade broadhead.............115 grains

Making a hunting arrow of aproximately 485 grains.
Got mine flying well to 40 yards and that is in ideal conditions.
Making me very confident out to 30 yards under normal conditions.

I'm sure others will chime in.
Many combinations to consider and just like your compound bow, you will have to find a setup you like.

Edit: Just want to add this.

The weight I gave for the Easton Power Bolts is not written in stone.
The weight I stated is for the Easton Power Bolts that were built at my archery retailer. Be aware that not all retailers will have power bolts of the same weight configuration.
Thanks sumner.
Last edited by Ont_Excal on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Welcome.....congrats on the new bow. The wait is a bummer. :x
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome and congrats.
Raymond