Murt Murt Reakkkkk

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Murt Murt Reakkkkk

Post by Boo »

vixenmaster wrote:Y'all gonna be at Awshucks place on Jan. 30th ? I think we shall leave here early that morning about 4am. Will try going down through the Ozarks unless its snowed. If'en its snowed we shall go down cave city & Little Rock & Hot Springs.
We'll be picking up you know who on the 29th so we should be there end of the day on the 30th. It'll be good to see you again and I can't wait for you know who to spank you at the range! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

lscha wrote:I was afraid to read this. That sound is close to the after effects of celebrating too! :( :mrgreen:
After effects,really! what would cause them, :lol:
I assure no celebrating was done on my part. So when are you going to come on the Hog hunt ? Maybe yer DH would like to hunt them varmits also.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lscha

Post by lscha »

[quote= So when are you going to come on the Hog hunt ? Maybe yer DH would like to hunt them varmits also.[/quote]

Don't think I haven't dreamed of that hunt. Especially with you guys!! Maybe some day.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Spank, :lol: we shall see & i may get my good arrows out of storage since my 3-D days past! Gee that sounds like work to me. I just bring my 4 junk hunting arrows & my dz. super weird GT II's :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Don't think I haven't dreamed of that hunt. Especially with you guys!! Maybe some day.[/quote]
Well you had best be planning to make it next yr if'en you can't make it this yr. The Ranch has a Bunkhouse the sleeps at least 10 & big bathroom fer changing & all of the other stuff. Most of us could spend the nite there then go up to the cafe where some great meals are cooked, knowed fer a fact on the cafe :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

Boo

Post by Boo »

lscha wrote:
So when are you going to come on the Hog hunt ? Maybe yer DH would like to hunt them varmits also.[/quote wrote:
Don't think I haven't dreamed of that hunt. Especially with you guys!! Maybe some day.
My wife is coming and I've rented a house so there's room and you are welcome!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Where is the hunting ranch at i have a friend that has one in south Arkansas
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Were hunting the Wild Boar Hunting Ranch just out of Smithville, OK 52 miles southwest of Awshucks place
Half Bubble Off BD360

Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
lscha

Post by lscha »

Is an Oklahoma hunting license required to hunt the ranch? Can anyone use a crossbow there? I guess the email address is not a good one.
Laura
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Email on their web site is no good anymore. The guy who runs it is named Dale Toon. Sometime in last year, Mr. and Mz. Toon jumped under the broom.

Last year, Planter went. Two year ago was when Don got a twofer. Both over 250 lbs, both heart shot, both pass thru's, he found the arrow so deeply embedded in a log, he just unscrewed the bhead.

That running hog in video puts new meaning to the terms death wish and wrong time/place, lol.

To get the full 'twofer' picture, we'd got back to my place and Don was worried a bit about the no tags or licenses for ok hogs,[possible border issues] so I'd called Toon to see if I could get something emailed here.

Toon says "your buddy has another problem, he shot two hogs". We ended up running back over there, wondering how we were getting screwed until we saw the hog. Don was using some huge 3 blade bhead and both of his hogs looked like the Starship Enterprise had flown through the ribs. The vid didn't get down loaded and tell the tale until he got home to Toronto.

All of this is posted on here some where, but I'm search challenged, lol.

Lscha, in answer to your questions, nothing but money, lol. No tags or licenses.
Last edited by awshucks on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eze 18:21"
lscha

Post by lscha »

I remember that story! It was very impressive. I remember the other stories about that hunt, as well. It sounded like such a good time.
Laura
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks , Check out (all about u hunting ranch) in Oklahoma ,never been there but looks like over the top hog hunting.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Rufus wrote:Thanks , Check out (all about u hunting ranch) in Oklahoma ,never been there but looks like over the top hog hunting.
That's 200 miles from me, I'm more interested in the one you mentioned in south Ar, I looked online forever and only came up w/ one Arkie place in duck land, east by southeast of me, over $1000, IIRC.

Mikey and me are meat hunters, so the cheaper and closer the better.

A word of caution on hog hunts, some places still don't allow xbows and some don't allow mechanical bheads.

forgot: that $225 deal w/ 2 meals and a flop ain't bad at all about u. 3 or more hunters.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I went & looked at the All u can, yup not a bad price fer 3 paid up hunters, wid the cabin & eats! Hunt the 9,000 acre free range set-up. AH-ha so Laura you be ck'ing fer the Okie hunt fees, :lol: Nutten but the porker hunt fee nutten hidden
Half Bubble Off BD360