How's this for hog hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: How's this for hog hunting?

Post by awshucks »

Oldsarge wrote:Stupid question, Why can't I click on most of the links on here??? :x
Usta be able to, but Usta died. [old construction j/k] It's a spam fighting effort. Not stupid at all, what's stupid is folks w/ nothing better to do than spam the forum............. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

Thermal scopes will run you $10,000+ I looked at the web sight associated with the video and a one night hunt is $600 per person up to six hunters and a minimum of two hunters. Price drops to $550 a night if you book a two night hunt. No limit on the number of hogs you can take and they provide the weapons with thermal scopes and ammo. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
John
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

http://www.jagerpro.com/tacticalhunting.aspx.
Here is the link for info on the hunts. Thanks Boo, you just spent some money for me...lol
John
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

JohnDoeHunter wrote:Thermal scopes will run you $10,000+ I looked at the web sight associated with the video and a one night hunt is $600 per person up to six hunters and a minimum of two hunters. Price drops to $550 a night if you book a two night hunt. No limit on the number of hogs you can take and they provide the weapons with thermal scopes and ammo. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Sumner was pretty much spot on @ 4000.00 for Gen.III night vision stuff .The builder that I have been working for has a set up that is a Gen.III 6x scope that he loves to do just this thing with. He said that you also need night vision binocs to go with it tho. The Gen. I and GenII stuff are much cheaper but very limited as to magnification(1x-2x) so shooting any distance gets to be a challenge. Does look like a blast tho. Better than a full moon and a Leupold scope!
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

flightattendant100 wrote:
JohnDoeHunter wrote:Thermal scopes will run you $10,000+ I looked at the web sight associated with the video and a one night hunt is $600 per person up to six hunters and a minimum of two hunters. Price drops to $550 a night if you book a two night hunt. No limit on the number of hogs you can take and they provide the weapons with thermal scopes and ammo. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Sumner was pretty much spot on @ 4000.00 for Gen.III night vision stuff .The builder that I have been working for has a set up that is a Gen.III 6x scope that he loves to do just this thing with. He said that you also need night vision binocs to go with it tho. The Gen. I and GenII stuff are much cheaper but very limited as to magnification(1x-2x) so shooting any distance gets to be a challenge. Does look like a blast tho. Better than a full moon and a Leupold scope!
I agree on the price of Gen 3, but they are not using nightvision, they are using thermal scopes
John
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

If anyone is interested in a great NV scope look at the M845 it is Gen 2 but is mil-spec. They run between $1700 and $1800. Stay away from about anything ATN makes, it is junk. If they spent the money on turning out a good product as they do in advertising they would have a good product. Night Optics, Litton, ITT and a few others make some great scopes. Litton and ITT is who builds NV for the US Military. The biggest step up in usability and quality is from Gen 1 to Gen 2 IMHO. I sold mine when I closed my business but I wouldn't hesitate in buying a M845 again.
John