First XBow kill

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PaFitter

First XBow kill

Post by PaFitter »

I posted last month after I 1st got my crossbow. I was having problems with my fixed broadheads not shooting straight. I ended up going with a mechanical NAP crossbow broadhead and instantly solved the problem. It is certainly better then some of the advice, which was to have my practice tips hit at one place and field shoot another. Defeats the purpose of practicing IMO.

I went down to MD last week to hunt over some bait and had 9 deer in. Took the largest doe, I couldn't be happier with the performance the crossbow and tip. The only downside I see with a "crossbow tip" was that it didn't open until the exit. With it being a double lung, mixed with some weather, the blood trail was a challenge.

If I were to give advice on anything I would say go with a mechanical. It took all the problems I had with sighting in and performed great in the field. This is just my experience and I know my friends use fixed with equal success.
Hester0305

Re: First XBow kill

Post by Hester0305 »

Some people don't like the 3 Blade Rage but in 3 years I have killed 10 deer with them and they leave great blood trails and shoot great right with your field points. They open up on impact and leave a hugh hole on impact so if you don't get an exit for some reason like hitting the opposite shoulder.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Congrats on your harvest you are hooked now.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats on your kill!! :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Good for you. First of many. The first one you will remember forever. Congrats!!
bugs

Post by bugs »

Congrats!
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I got my first crossbow three years ago and its nothing like it ,I wish i had bought one sooner and i dont even care to shoot a rifle now ...i feel like im cheating if i do. Congrats and i wish you many more kills and enjoyment with yours.