My First Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

My First Buck

Post by taz3 »

The other day a member posted a couple of sketches he did and it got me thinking. I can't remember the last time I sat a drew something, so a surfed for a pic and this is what I came up with. It's my first Buck! :D

PS, thanks for the inspiration Gerald!! :wink:

Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
bucknbill

Re: My First Buck

Post by bucknbill »

looks good..and the ole boy has character in the beams too..i like that
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

That is some good work .That was a harvest of yours :!: he was a great first buck for sure.
Get that drawing in a frame to protect It, my old stuff is getting wrecked.
You did a really nice job on the tree in the back ground as well as everything else.
It is time to sharpen your pencil again do not wast 30 years like me.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

gerald strine wrote:That is some good work .That was a harvest of yours :!: he was a great first buck for sure.
Get that drawing in a frame to protect It, my old stuff is getting wrecked.
You did a really nice job on the tree in the back ground as well as everything else.
It is time to sharpen your pencil again do not wast 30 years like me.
I've yet to harvest a deer, so it's not my actual buck. :( (yet) :D

I'm the same as you, got busy with life and never made time to draw, I haven't drawn since high school. After seeing your sketches, I got the urge to draw again, I dug out my pencils and found a pic on line and spent about 6 hours on it. I got to admit, it's still as gratifying as it always was, and most of what I knew came right back.

Thank you for the compliments and encouragement, I should make some time to keep at it.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
bugs

Post by bugs »

Very nice :D It is amazing how it comes right back to you like you never put down the pencil. You guys also gave me an idea - I have a tatoo of a fox on my chest which is fading and looking like crap! I wish I never got one but I was young and stupid at the time. Problem is being a woman that part sags over time and really makes a terrible picture :shock: . I could replace it with a buck - seriously it would look better and the added bonus .... when I sag the antlers will just grow bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
bugs

Post by bugs »

Thanks Hank :lol: Age hits you but your mind still makes you think you look 18 :lol:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

bugs wrote:Very nice :D It is amazing how it comes right back to you like you never put down the pencil. You guys also gave me an idea - I have a tatoo of a fox on my chest which is fading and looking like crap! I wish I never got one but I was young and stupid at the time. Problem is being a woman that part sags over time and really makes a terrible picture :shock: . I could replace it with a buck - seriously it would look better and the added bonus .... when I sag the antlers will just grow bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would redefine "nice rack" :roll: LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
taz3

Post by taz3 »

hankenhunter wrote:Nice artwork Taz! Don't stop as creation is good for the soul.
Hank
Thank you, Hank and it certainly does! :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
bugs

Post by bugs »

taz3 wrote:
That would redefine "nice rack" :roll: LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

That thought had not occurred to me :shock: :lol:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

taz3 wrote:
bugs wrote:Very nice :D It is amazing how it comes right back to you like you never put down the pencil. You guys also gave me an idea - I have a tatoo of a fox on my chest which is fading and looking like crap! I wish I never got one but I was young and stupid at the time. Problem is being a woman that part sags over time and really makes a terrible picture :shock: . I could replace it with a buck - seriously it would look better and the added bonus .... when I sag the antlers will just grow bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it would be considered a non typical rack :lol:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

gerald strine wrote:
taz3 wrote:
I think it would be considered a non typical rack :lol:
With heavy drop tines! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
bugs

Post by bugs »

I got myself into this one :lol:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Now that was funny, :lol: :lol: :lol: . You sure did put yourself into that one, but it was just to funny. Isn't great to be able to laugh at yourself with others?
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Paul, that is also a very beautiful drawing. You should be selling some of those, they magnificent. I for one would not mind buying one at a later date.
Thanks for showing us your talent. There is an enormous amount of talent on this forum. Man, I would love to be able to draw freehand like that.
Thanks,
Raymond
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Thank you very much for the compliments. I'll keep you in mind for the next one. I got to be honest though, they're hard to part with, because even I enjoy so much them too! It is a very self rewarding hobby!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting