removing action

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bellasboss

removing action

Post by bellasboss »

Hello, I would like to be able to seperate the trigger group(action) from the stock of my vortex. Could/would someome be so kind as to post up some pics of how to do this? thanks so much, BB

PS: if not then maybe some detailed instructions?
awshucks

Re: removing action

Post by awshucks »

Good job, hank-----. Be sure to use blue [never red] loc-tite on re-assembly, esp trigger to rail, scope mount screws.

You don't have to cut an allen wrench down w/ dremel to get either trigger/rail screw, btw. :oops:
"Eze 18:21"
bellasboss

Post by bellasboss »

thanks so much! Does anyone have pics of this or you tube? BB
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You can do this easy peasy. Just lay your bow belly up and take the two screws holding stock on rail out. takes an 1/8" allen wrench. Move the forend and butt stock ends up very gradually so they more or less stay parallel to each other. Like was stated, note the two screws are different lengths. Set them and stock aside.

Look at bottom of rail near trigger, you'll see two screws [looking from bottom side of rail toward top] which are next size bigger than 1/8" think 9/64ths. Take them out, you have the trigger box out, just pull it up and don't lose the screws and washers in the rail that held it.
I stick the 9/64 allen in one w/ my thumb over the other hole and w/ rail still upside down, finagle them and the washer out of rail one at a time. Wiggle the allen wrench a tad, they'll come right out on end of allen wrench.

this all takes less time to do than to type description, give it a shot............ :D

I gotta ask, why are you doing this?
"Eze 18:21"
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Hankenhunter is right about removing the stock. When I did, I pulled from the front end. I did not realize it until the trigger did not want to catch. A call to Danny Miller determined the problem and I sent him the rail with the trigger assembly. You could not tell the trigger was bent just by looking at it. Oh, Danny had my rail back to me in a week.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone