Identify this string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

williamN

Identify this string

Post by williamN »

I bought the Exocet used over 7 yrs ago. It came with two extra strings, one like what was already on the bow and the one below. I looked at the pics of the strings on the accessories page and while it looks like the flemish string I am not sure if it is even an Excalibur product. TIA!!
vixenmaster

Re: Identify this string

Post by vixenmaster »

It looks like flemish dacron 2097 fer carved tip limbs, it also can be used on magtips
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

vixenmaster wrote:It looks like flemish dacron 2097 fer carved tip limbs, it also can be used on magtips
It is also the best Dacron string option for all Excaliburs. Too bad that Exalibur is no longer going sell it because it was a poor seller. Too bad that Excalibur isn't aware that it was not offered here in their catalogue. :oops:
The good part is that you can still get it from Excalibur's string maker Danny Miller. Other than my Boo strings the string in question (the Excalibur Super String) was the only string I cared to use.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Looks like the same one I put in my Axiom not long ago.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just an observation/recommendation I'll add.

That string looks like it needs a few (actually several :wink: ) twists before installing it!
It will stretch quickly, so don't worry if you get it above the "maximum" recommended brace height a little. You'll probably be adding twists to increase the brace height soon even if you do start with it too high. :lol:

Without those added twists it could let the loops slip and open up or even come undone.
wabi
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

wabi wrote:That string looks like it needs a few (actually several :wink: ) twists before installing it!
Yeah I had to put alot of twists in mine, I set it so it was at the top of the brace height & it stretched so much it dropped below the brace height,so I ended up taking it off & putting a few more twists in it.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
williamN

Post by williamN »

Thanks for all the info!!!!!