I guess the price is top secret lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
flightattendant100

Re: boo trigger job!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Bullzeye wrote:I guess the price is top secret lol
After you get yours back,you wont care what it cost! Its that good.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I don't think it is a secret but I could not find it anywhere on his site either.

The best way is to send him a PM on here or send him an email from his site. He usually responds very quickly and then you can keep everything in the same thread so it is easy to track what is going on.

Just like his custom strings he will need to know what you plan to use the bow for (target, hunting, a bit of both), experience, trigger weight desired, etc. He is truly a master craftsman and a wealth of information.

Just make sure you follow his shipping instructions if you are shipping from the states. I mistakenly assumed the USPS folks would know how to ship to Canada but Canadian Customs folks strongly disagreed.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

No, price is not a secret. I had mine done when he first started doing them. I didnt want to quote a figure because pricing may have changed since i had mine done for all I know, and then you would think im a wanker. And it aint non o my business to post his prices :lol:

I have visited him while he had one apart and doing his magic. For the amount of time he takes and the care he gives to each detail and the way it feels afterwards its worth every penny. If you want a price ask him! He aint shy!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I can understand and appreciate you all not wanting to give a set price, which is cool, I was joking with the secret thing , I was just looking for a ballpark figure as not to waste Boo's time if it was going to be more than I can afford. A good fellow member here whispered a figure into my ear so now I have an estimate of what it will cost.

Having shot rifles for over 25+ years I can appreciate a good trigger job, so I will be saving my pennies to have this done, and pick up some new string while I am at it. :)
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

When Don was here for the hog hunt, I shipped the trigger from the poop brown Vix back w/ him.

I just installed it today. The minor amount of creep left is so smooth, while you are thinking about that, the trigger 'breaks' like glass.

Remember the arrow hold down when you re-assemble, lol, don't ask! :mrgreen:

Thanks again, Don.
"Eze 18:21"
Normous

Post by Normous »

Bullzeye wrote: Having shot rifles for over 25+ years I can appreciate a good trigger job, so I will be saving my pennies to have this done, and pick up some new string while I am at it. :)
Killing two birds with one stone. You will be pleased with your choice.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Normous

Post by Normous »

awshucks wrote: Remember the arrow hold down when you re-assemble, lol, don't ask! :mrgreen:
Too funny!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

I am still just wondering what the reason is why our triggers need attention !

Is it just maintainance; prevention ;devine intervention or common sense to send them to Boo for the upgrade ?

I am going to contact him regarless , but why ?

Sorry for the third degree ......

oneshot.............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Oneshot: don sent me before and after pictures of my trigger. There was rust inside despite my best efforts to dry it out after hunting. That's one reason to have it taken apart and cleaned, as for the other mods he does to it you are best to speak to him directly. But he does alot of work to them.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

No it's not a maintenace issue or anything wrong with the factory trigger. Just like a fine rifle you want the best trigger possible on your equipment to get the most out of it. Especially when target shooting, a lighter trigger helps to prevent "pulling off" of your target as you squeeze the trigger for the shot.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em