my red tag deer hunt..........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

my red tag deer hunt..........

Post by bob1961 »

got out today to go, traveled an hour and a half to get there at 8 am....last hour of the day i have 3 deer come up un-announced they were coming, i turn my head to see what made those stepping sounds i heard....bingo there they are at 20 yards away, how did they get there gezzzzz....not sure if it was a buck or doe but it was big, as in almost 200 lb big....it stomped as it looked at me before it turned it's back on me so i could turn to look through scope....then when broadside i let the arrow go and heard that thud we all love to hear, it went tearing out of there like a rocket....called my buddy on the radio and met him at bottom of hill then back up to go look....walked up to where i was standing and said wait here, went to the spot where deer was at shot and found my arrow in a small sapling clean as it was in my quiver....put my 20 crosshair low on the chest of my exocet 200 and thinking it was gonna drop on me at sound of release of the arrow but guess what it didn't....had my heart beating so bad after the shot i was like yippy got some venison fer da freezer, oh well.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bob1961

Re: my red tag deer hunt..........

Post by bob1961 »

yeah right, when ya think they'll do this they don't, lol....bad thing is it drops me to 4 and 1 from 4 and 0 on hits :( ......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

I know the feelin, hope it,s better next time
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's too bad Bob! I know that feeling as well. At least it was a clean miss and no injury to the animal. Good luck next time out. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh no! Say it ain't true, a shot n miss. Well Bob you stand with very good company on that outcome.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315