KONY 2012 (Please watch the video)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

KONY 2012 (Please watch the video)

Post by TYE »

Last edited by TYE on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Re: KONY 2012 (Please watch the video)

Post by Boo »

Amazing to see what a child can do Tye. She made you grow up!
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I will help.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tsc

Post by tsc »

TYE;

First off, I'm not trying to pick a fight and I do support the overthrow of Kony; I don't think Invisible Children has totally thought the situation through and IC as an organization is as "Clean" as it makes itself appear to be.

I saw this a couple of days ago and I found these two blogs. They seem to be a non-emotional breakdown/assessment of Invisible Children.

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/ ... ot-trouble

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/th ... -children/

A friend of mine sent me to the website below for "Sleeping Children Around the World". Interestingly enough, if you read the "about us"; they are a 100% volunteer association and that 100% of their donation reaches the children.

http://www.scaw.org/

Edit to add

My 11 y/o daughter saw the video at school, as part of their social studies this week. Someone (not her) piped up "If I wanted to watch a 30 minute video of kids lives being destroyed, I would of watched Toddlers & Tiaras".
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I was wondering how long it would take for this stuff to make it to the forum..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It makes me sick how humans can treat a fellow man, even more so when it's kids. Im sure there is a special place in hell for the likes of them, and if not I can only hope they get caught and thrown in the slammer because even the majority of the inmates hate child abusers.

Good for this group to get the word out, I don't know anything about this group but publicity about kony can't be a bad thing. Hope it stays on the up & up.

Keep in mind there are others like him. He's just one sicko among many.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

On the other hand, some people think about something more vicious :

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepo ... eneration/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ma ... r-detained

In those troubled times, I'd quote my favorite FBI agent, Fox Mulder : Trust no One !
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Folks...27 years late on this one. Even the people of Uganda are outraged that this group is now trying to profit from their hardship, when groups should have been involved a LONG time ago. Kony's on the run and no one is actually sure if he's still alive or not.

And...yeah...sure...trust this guy with your money:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/ ... 13396.html

Kony mastermind arrested for public masturbation

By SHEENA GOODYEAR, QMI Agency

The star and director of the viral YouTube video Kony 2012 was suffering from severe exhaustion and dehydration when he was arrested Thursday night for allegedly being drunk and masturbating in public, his wife and charity says.

According to NBC and TMZ, Jason Russell, 33, was detained in Pacific Beach, Calif., at 11:30 a.m. for being drunk, publicly masturbating and vandalizing cars.

NBC reported that police responded to a call about a man in "various stages of undress." The San Diego Police Department did not immediately respond to QMI Agency's request for comment.

The CEO of Invisible Children, the charity Russell co-founded, said Russell was sick at the time.

"Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized (Thursday) suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident (Thursday)," said Ben Keesey in a statement.

Russell's wife, Danica, released a statement late Friday saying the negative reaction to the film impacted her husband greatly.

"While that attention was great for raising awareness about Joseph Kony, it also brought a lot of attention to Jason — and, because of how personal the film is, many of the attacks against it were also very personal, and Jason took them very hard," Danica said in the statement.

Russell's Invisible Children, which calls for the arrest of Joseph Kony, the fugitive rebel leader of a Ugandan militia group known for using child soldiers, has quickly become a media sensation, netting more than 79 million views since it was posted on March 5.

But the video has also faced a huge amount of backlash from Ugandans and African policy experts for oversimplifying a complex issue, leaving Africans out of the debate and for calling a U.S. military invention that could cost civilian lives.

Danica said Russell has never had a substance abuse or drinking problem and the episode was not caused by such.

"But yes, he did some irrational things brought on by extreme exhaustion and dehydration," she said.

On its website, Invisible Children said his "sparks of creative intelligence and insanity have propelled IC to redefine the concept of humanitarian work, offering new life to old hope."

"On our end - the focus remains only on his health, and protecting our family. The message of the film remains the same: stop at nothing," Danica said.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Two sure ways to get worldly attention:
1) Dig up old news that most people are too busy to know of in the first place but really want to "care" when it goes viral on YouTube.
2) Fapping in public when the whole world is watching you.

Golly, didn't see that coming..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string