Fill me in on the Axiom package

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

-sro-

Fill me in on the Axiom package

Post by -sro- »

Hi all, first post here!!

I am thinking of buying the Axiom package for my grandfather for this years bow season.

I would like to get some users opinions on it.

From my own research I have learned that the barrel is made of some type of inferior material, but it is still a product worthy of the brand name.

All input appreciated.

Thanks!
one shot scott

Re: Fill me in on the Axiom package

Post by one shot scott »

Interesting choice of words. But.. giving the benifit of the doubt, so to speak... Yes the rail is composite. A very sturdy, tough composite. One that has been in the feild for a while now and from what I know has so far proven itself to be extreeemly durable. If you were to purchase one for the grandfather, You will surely be his favorite grandkid

Space age! And futuristic enough to be the envy of Mr Spock. Beam me up scotty. Welcome to the forum, hang around
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
-sro-

Post by -sro- »

Lol calm down guys just a bit of sarcasm. All I meant was that I have read online that it was made of plastic as oppose to whatever metal the higher end models are made from.
Normous

Post by Normous »

-sro- wrote:Hi all, first post here!!

From my own research I have learned that the barrel is made of some type of inferior material.
Your research is simply flawed.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wayne

Post by wayne »

Check out some past post here, think someone was saying the rail is the same kind of stuff there building guns from, very strong.
I can tell you the local dealer sells alot of them, with no problems, & from what I've been reading, seems everyone who has one likes it, I've shot a few axiom's & found them to be sweet shooters.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Welcome to the forum, hope this helps on your decision.

This was posted by LZbobcat.
hope this helps you too.
Hoagy

Excalibur’s new SMF (synthetic mainframe) is GLASS FILLED NYLON not PLASTIC. Glass filled nylon is a super high strength, durable, heat and impact resistant composite used in high grade applications such as military weapons, assault rifles, handguns, aircraft components, automotive engine components etc, the list goes on. Handgun manufacturers such as HK, Ruger, Glock, and Sprinfield Armory use glass filled nylon frames. These are guns that you can bury in raw soil for 3 years, dig them up and fire them flawlessly. Excalibur knows EXACTLY what they are doing by using this material on their crossbows because it is high grade. You can find out more about glass filled nylon on Wikipedia, or just about anywhere on the Internet. Better yet, go to Bing.com hit images and type in glass filled nylon and see for your self the vast array of weapons and components are made by this material. As for the question of heat resistance, and can you put WD-40 on it, the answer is yes. This material has a melting point over 1000 degrees and is used to make intake manifolds on automobiles so you can’t hurt this material. It won’t bend, flex, chip, warp, melt, or dent.LZbobcat

I own a Axiom & love it. It's 175# draw weight makes it so this granpa can shoot all day long without problems. Accuracy is amazing.

Hope this helps,
Hoagy
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Buy it before prices go up. Best bow bargain available under $500. It's costing $70. just for shipping to US so price is likely to become factor.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
AlinCT

Post by AlinCT »

New to the forum and new to crossbows myself.

I went to our local Cabelas and they had four Excal models there - Axiom, Phoenix, Vortex and Equinox. I'm looking at the lower pound bows- Phoenix and Axiom and held both. While I like the look of the aluminum frame more, the Axiom felt better to me. Out of all the xbows there, I like the thumbhole stock the most (the traditional stock has a edge in the higher part of the grip- I have big banana hands and it was a little uncomfortable). Guess that means I need to find an Ibex smf :D .

Al
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Seems that LZbobcat was a little "inaccurate" in is glowing write up of the SMF. :roll: Apparently they will chip/dent as evidenced by the guy that was on here not too long ago that was shooting and his dog knocked his bow over onto a sharp edge.

That being said, I still see nothing wrong with the rail material. If it wasn't up to the task, Excalibur wouldn't be using it. :wink:

Yep, AlinCT, sounds like you'll want an Ibex SMF. Synthetic Main Frame, 175 lb draw, thumbhole stock. They're good bows. I just recommended 2 of my buddies get the same thing. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Here We Go Again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Watch what you say in this forum ( your words = humor ) Didn`t sound funny

joe171
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

hi i am new to crossbow hunting , i just bought an axiom 3 months ago and im hooked it is extremely accurate and fun to shoot , i dont have enough experience to tell you more other than i am very satified , i love my excalibur axiom, :D :) :D :)
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

hi i am new to crossbow hunting , i just bought an axiom 3 months ago and im hooked it is extremely accurate and fun to shoot , i dont have enough experience to tell you more other than i am very satified , i love my excalibur axiom, :D :) :D :)
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Just having a little fun with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome sure as shooting you came to the right place

joe171 :D :D
rayman

Post by rayman »

Been pretty pleased with my Axiom so far. First Xbow so can't compare to others. Accurace is pretty solid - better that I expected going into it. As far as not having enough power, I don't know man. Every time I shoot a deer the bolt are just barely sticking out of the ground by 2 or 3 inches. These are little ol Florida deer though, 90 to 150 lb, not the beasts you guys shoot up north.