UPDATE!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

UPDATE!!

Post by GooGoos »

Heyy yall!! Just your fellow soldier checking back in. I knew yall deserved a much needed update on my progress. Well after I got sent to airborne school on 23FEB, processed in the next day and had the weekend off. That Monday was the pt test. 400 people from.all over the country/ branches with all kinds of rank were up and ready at 0330 pooring down rain formation to fight for there slot in. I smoked my push ups and sit ups. When it came down to the run I got half way done with the first mile and my legs and left knee were killing me. I pushed through it and ran the whole two miles but missed my run by a minute. I started to walk off my run and restrech to rerun it when sgt airborne told me to get in the truck I'm not running again because I wasn't walking right. That afternoon, me and 30 others reported to the hold over company at the school.

The next day, I had pt with hhc. I made it 10min in and dropped out due to leg pain. The next morning, I was at sick call. For 3-4 days straight she.kept telling me nothing was wrong. Finally she sent me to the PA and he wanted a bone scan. So the next day I was hospital to get a bone scan. I go to sick call the following day and the scan found stress fractures and shin splints in both legs and still.noi answer for my knee. I was put on an extended profile and physical therapy. Now while all this is happening they are trying to discharge me out of the army because they couldn't reclass me. I fought it, dad helped with a few phone calls. They got orders cut for me. Got reclassed to a 12w, carpentry and masonary at Gulf Port, Mississippi for 7 weeks of AIT. They send me off to MS, WHILE on crutches. I get there and they see not only am I injured but they sent me 2 months early!! So the next day I go to sick call. The navy cheief takes me off crutches because he sees mi.point of bein on.em if they are in both legs. That evening i had my flight artinary. The next day I was at the airport to come.back to.hhc. I had some old friends of the family who.live in ft. Benning pick.me up from.the airport and I stayef with them all weekend.

Monday morning I reported back in. None if.my.ncos knew I was commin back. Well, I am here till may. I am.now fully healed. Got back to running again Monday. I ran a mile in 8:23. For not running in a month, that's nor back for starting off again. I will post pics up later. Just got from pulling duty all night. Gunna get some shut eye. Good luck to all you turkey hunters out there!!
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
agingcrossbower

Re: UPDATE!!

Post by agingcrossbower »

Sounds like you've been pick through the wringer. Tough it out but don't ruin those legs. They have to carry you for a long time young lady. Thanks for the update and take care of yourself. There are turkeys and deer and pigs to poke. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Morning to you, sounds like you have been through the mill with injurys. Sad that it happened to you, once things happened to our bodies like that. We heal but its never the same & it won't take the same amount of phsycal use before breaking down again. So keep that in mind & take care of yerself. Have a good one & i heard an old Gobbler serveral times this moring as i was cranking up my gen. fer power.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maple

Post by maple »

Hey Sabrina!

Glad you're on the mend.

Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back isn't it. Takes a little longer to get where you want to go that way, that's all. Not your fault.

Shin splints and stress fractures eh? Too avoid those you gotta start off easy and work into your distance running routine gradually. Build up resilience in those tendons and bone attachments before trying to run too far. I'm sure you know what to do.

You'll get there. You'll "smoke" the run too.
bugs

Post by bugs »

Boy girl you make me tired when I read your updates! :shock: Any chance you will get a day of turkey hunting in?
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Holy sh!t Sabrina!! :shock: Sounds like a crazy go round there. Good to hear you're all healed up and doing better. Good luck and stay healthy. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Tough as nails comes to mind...........I'm a firm believer that stubborness can take you a long way. Never give up and never take no for an answer..........unless you're looking for a no. :lol:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Thanks guys! There i no way ill be able to chase thunder chickens this year sadly. This was my first year I wasn't hunt opening weekend on my birthday. Yes I just recently hit the big 20 (: lol I'm getting old guys!! Haha!! When I'm able to get to a computer I am gunna post pics up for yall. I do have one question for yall...can you keep dad in talks prayers. He is at the doctors getting his foot checked out. He may have broke it. He is unable to walk in it and its all swollen. He did kill two thunder chickens outta the 3 limit. He got em both with his shot gun. His next bird was suppose to be with the excal, but don't think that's gunna happen now.

Congrats to everyone who has killed birds this year so far. Stay safe in the woods and get some more to bite the dust! I'll be back home for leave just in time for the 4th of July. Can't wait!!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear your doing well and sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his foot will be better soon and I'll keep him in my thoughts. Take care you old fart!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Glad to hear from you and about all your training. So sorry about your physical injuries make sure you take care. Keep the head up and eyes forward on the goal. Good luck and prayers for your dad. So proud and honored to know you and what you are doing.
Raymond
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Got hear news on dad. Nothing broken! Just a bad gout attack and infection. Fox gave him meds and a weeks bed rest. I appreciate all the support. I'll be back home in about 3 months. 1st week of July. Deff excited!