Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Excel string with 0.035" Angel Majesty Test

Post by strum »

sumner4991 wrote:I'm impressed with the serving material. Good job on the pictures and the data. Thanks!

Strum . . .I am guilty of cutting off a bad strand and kept shooting. No issues . . .I was skeptical at first, but, after a few hundred shots, I forgot about it. I still have that string around here somewhere . . .if I only knew which one it is. . . . :shock:
i just thought since its and endless loop it will start creeping like crazy.with a flemish i didnt think it was such an issue..but when i think about it theres nothin holding the beginning and ending of the strands anyway ..just endloop serving and pressure..oh well back to the subject :D
i am realy liking the results we are seeing so far. im almost up to 150 on mine and its doing great..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
diesel

Post by diesel »

String shipped out today to Dan Miller . Serving still looks great after 300 shots. I will post pics later.
strum

Post by strum »

Im at 150 today . i can report that the serving is holding up well. after a good waxing i can see dents from the latches and rope hooks..but they look normal . i havent turned the string at all just wax at 50 and a rerub at 25.its crept to almost on the stoppers but i think ill let it do whatever. no turning back :lol: note this pic is before waxing..

Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
roly

Post by roly »

[/quote]

i just thought since its and endless loop it will start creeping like crazy.with a flemish i didnt think it was such an issue..but when i think about it theres nothin holding the beginning and ending of the strands anyway ..just endloop serving and pressure..oh well back to the subject :D
i am realy liking the results we are seeing so far. im almost up to 150 on mine and its doing great..[/quote]

I don,t know if it is the loose strand( which I clipt off)
but the string is starting to creep alot more now.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Roly:
Don't worry about the creep.
That has little to do with the test.
Mine started at a brace height of 2+1/8" with 4 twists in it.
In 48 hours it settled to 1+11/16".
After 300 hundred shots it's at 1+1/2".

As far as I could tell the POI changed very little.
At 20 yards all arrows were well within 2", with all my shooting offhand.
Taking final pics now and will post later tonight.

I can easily say this will be my serving of choice regardless of the small price increase.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

strum wrote:[I lost a strand at shot 160.I had started seeing a very slight fuzzing of string itself just out side of serving. Shot 160 I joined the dry fire club and that strand let go.I PM'd Boo and talked to Danny Miller on the phone.Danny said " take your pocket knife and cut the broken strand off" and keep shooting,Don wants 300 shots on those". He then said that there was plenty of strands left to shoot no worries.I shot another 50 last night with no problems.Just my experience,tho.

well i guess if they said it ok then i must eat crow :lol:[/quote]
Strum, I KNEW that my testing was done till I talked to them. The string had been dry fired and a broken strand, heck its got to be toast.Seems to be doing fine tho. Will keep all posted.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Last report and string goes back tomorrow.

Counted strands.................36, makes a very nice bundle.
This one is a pic of an arrow in the rail and shows how well the serving lines up.

300----shots

No issues with the serving on the end loops.

Can't wait to get a hold of some serving material and redo my hunting strings.
Thanks Boo for the opportunity.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
diesel

Post by diesel »

I you want all the pics I can post them but here Is what I feel you need. String was waxed after every 50 shots. Thanks for letting me be apart of this. was shooting an Exocet 200.

Did not see this till I had 200 shots on the string so not sure when this started .

Boo

Post by Boo »

This is Roly's string that he could not post. I think it may have been served with too much tension.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
roly

Post by roly »

Thats why I was concerned about the creep
not that it had anything to do with the testing, but after the strand broke it just seemed to continue to creep non stop.

It broke at shot 197. between 150 and 197 I added two
twist 3 times.

Did I mention it scared the sh@# out of me :lol: :lol:
Dash

Post by Dash »

I must say I was a bit worried to see shooting continue with the broken strand. With a flemish string it wouldn't be a problem to pull it and cut it out, as all strands are individual. But and endless loop string by its design will want to slip around the loop undoing the string, especially on a high poundage crossbow.
At least you weren't hurt.
The serving test is going great. Angel has a pretty unique desighn compared to its rivals. I served a flemish string with majesty a little while ago but hadn't put enough shots on the string to really make a comment. I'm happy to see I didn't waste my money.
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Can’t shoot in the city of Ottawa and the local clubs begin to open the weekend after Easter. I can only shoot at 3D tournaments. So far I have put through 170 shots with this serving. I am shooting a 2011 Excalibur Equinox (draw weight 225 pounds) with Carbon Firebolts weighing 367 grains.

There is minor separation behind the string and dents in the serving from the latches. A little bit of wearing from the cocking device is now apparent. Did not wax during the tournaments, just rubbed the string to smear some wax residue over the areas of wear. Always put a thin coat of Dalton’s wax over the serving and let it soak in over the next week. All should look normal after that.

I am having better luck (longer life) with the 0.035" Angel Majesty compared to either the 0.030 Halo or the 0.026" Angel Majesty.

Tried to add images but got the following message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.".......
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

roly wrote:Did I mention it scared the sh@# out of me :lol: :lol:
Ya, I imagine it would!! :shock: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Retired05

Post by Retired05 »

Is this Angel Majesty .035 for sale in USA yet?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Retired05 wrote:Is this Angel Majesty .035 for sale in USA yet?
Anyone that sells BCY can get it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes