Interesting thread

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Interesting thread

Post by Pydpiper »

For what it is worth, Boo has done a whole lot for me in the past too. I still shoot his strings and am not afraid to tell anyone that they are well above standard.
Let me qualify my position on this a bit..
When boo first started with strings he was laughed at and dismissed, a lot. Absolutely nobody would take him seriously. I drove to Toronto to get one (when all he made was Dacron) and came back with lots, and some other goodies. I sat on this forum every day trying to convince people that they should try them and after getting hate mail, publicly lashed at I finally got some people to try some, the rest of that is history.
I was the first person to go see Don, not about strings, not about anything, I just wanted to go meet him, so I did. He was (is) absolutely the giving person that you describe, but when things didn't go his way. I assure you, he has another side.
At his table having breakfast, long after we met, he said something about one of my friends/hunting partners to my wife and I that I will never forget, we all have lines, mine was crossed.
The rest of this stuff is trivial, but I am a bit set aside that this thread was started, we all know it is a call to arms to go over there and defend him.
I am not new here, I am not a faceless guy on the internet, I have met a great deal of the people I interact with on this forum and always will do what I can to help. This whole "attack" thing is getting old, some of the new guys have absolutely no idea what the history is, but get defensive anyways.
This thread is likely to disappear, but that doesn't make the facts go away too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Pyd, I agree its old trival crap. Its been talked out enough and it should just go away. Feels like a person is back in the grade school classroom. By the way where is that Nun with the ruler anyway. :shock:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

agingcrossbower wrote: By the way where is that Nun with the ruler anyway. :shock:
In the back room drinking with me!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

wheelie wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote: By the way where is that Nun with the ruler anyway. :shock:
I heard you had a thing for Nuns. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

agingcrossbower wrote:
wheelie wrote:
I heard you had a thing for Nuns. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Made me think of this........

The Seven Dwarfs and a Nun

The seven dwarfs were in a Catholic church. They were sitting near the rear and as the priest was speaking, they whispered and giggled amongst themselves, causing quite a disturbance. All of a sudden, Dopey stands up and says, "Father, are there any midget nuns in the church ?" "No," said the priest, "There are no midget nuns in the church." A little time passed and the dwarfs were again whispering and giggling amongst themselves causing quite a disturbance and noticeably angering the priest.

Soon, Dopey stands up again and asks, "Father, are there any midget nuns in the city?"

"No, my son, there are no midget nuns in the city or in the church." says the priest. Again the dwarfs resume their annoying giggling to the dismay of the priest.

Once again, Dopey stands up and asks "Father, are there any midget nuns in the state?"

"No, my son, there are no midget nuns in the state, in the city, and no midget nuns in the church." exclaimed the priest, obviously upset.

The dwarfs continue their interference.

Dopey stands up and asks, "Father, are there any midget nuns in the country?"

The priest, totally angered, exclaims "No, my son, there are no midget nuns in the church, in the city, in the state, no midget nuns in the country, there are no midget nuns in the whole world!!! Now sit down!!!!!"

Soon afterwards, a chant can be heard from the rear of the church, "Dopey screwed a penguin. Dopey screwed a penguin. Dopey screwed a penguin."
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks Big, knew I'd heard it before but forgot the punch line..........
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I think what sets this forum as different than most forums is Excalipur pays the bills here. You go to other forums they are run as a bussiness. They pay the bills from sponsers on the site. They protect there sponsers and the dollars they bring in to pay the bills. Seen it time and time again when a sponser leaves for what ever reason, then you are allowed to bad mouth that ex sponser and forum mods don't really care then. Not talking AT or Boo or anyone or forum specific, but all forums in general.
No different than what I do in bussiness, Say someone is looking for an electrician and they ask me about one, I recommend one or give them a lead on the job, I don't expect a kick back but I do expect them to give my name if they come across someone looking for a gas fitter. Feed the work to those that feed it back. Thats how the world works.
You will never change that. Many different people in this world from many different cultures and some are just not going to get along. There are only two choices. Put up with it or leave because the bussiness with keep on going no matter what a single person does or thinks he can do.
Any forum you have to understand the bussiness end of them to relize what is accually happening there and why. This is my opinion and have no knowledge of whether Boo is or is not a sponser and this is not even about him or At. Just speaking in general terms.

I take everything with a grain of salt and watch and study over time. None truthful people will showup in time with inconstistancies in there statements. If you confront those people they are good enough to talk the weak into there possission with more mistruths and you become the bad guy.
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

please pass the snake oil!!! i aint had any good snake oil in awhile , hope it aint from a bitty garter snake , id like the rattler please!!!
strum

Post by strum »

I just had a chance to go read that thread..
I didnt know this was a cult :shock:
I didnt know we were up some ones ahole :shock:
I could start a rant here but i wont all i can say is i have realy enjoyed this forum and all you guys.
sure we see a little mess somtime but for the most part its a great place to be..my wife says its my "facebook" :lol:
I think ill hang here and not enter into that mess.
As for anyone who has a problem with Mr. Boo "Have a nice day"
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

strum wrote:As for anyone who has a problem with Mr. Boo "Have a nice day"

The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Life is a stage and we all play a role. For some, that role is providing unintelligible answers to insoluble problems. While wading through the whimsies, the puerilities, and unintelligible jargon I often ask myself how it could have been that the world should have so long consented to give reputation to such nonsense as this? :roll:

Instead of this nonsense, it would be more prudent to think of one's own faults while awake, and of the faults of others while asleep.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

ComfyBear wrote:Life is a stage and we all play a role. For some, that role is providing unintelligible answers to insoluble problems. While wading through the whimsies, the puerilities, and unintelligible jargon I often ask myself how it could have been that the world should have so long consented to give reputation to such nonsense as this? :roll:

YEAH.. X2.., BUT DUDE, WHERE IS MY CAR??
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

May I add......It is the wise man that thinks all of which he speaks, but speaks not all of which he thinks. If only more would adhere to that philosophy, the world would be a better place.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

C'mon comfy, say it like Kutcher :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-