New to forum/newbie question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RemMaster

New to forum/newbie question

Post by RemMaster »

Hello,
I am new to the forum, I just received the Axiom SMF package today and have a basic question. I went to a sporting goods store and asked for a replacement string as the store is a few hours drive away. The employee gave me a Flemish Dyna Flight String. I noticed now that it says for magtip limbs only, does the Axiom SMF have mag limbs or did he give me the incorrect string?
Thanks
Boo

Re: New to forum/newbie question

Post by Boo »

First welcome to the forum!
All modern day Excaliburs have mag tips but it's not the string you should be using as a new person to crossbows and there will be a fair amount of change in scope settings.
The original string is better for someone new to crossbows because it is much less likely to cause damage if you dryfire your bow. :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bugs

Post by bugs »

Wow I can answer a question everyone :D

That string is fine, you have mag tip limbs. Old bows are carved tip and can only use dacron string.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
bugs

Post by bugs »

bugs wrote:Wow I can answer a question everyone :D

That string is fine, you have mag tip limbs. Old bows are carved tip and can only use dacron string.
Darn I thought I had it but Boo is the string expert and the best string maker around. Of course I have yet to dryfire and prefer not to become a member of the club
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
RemMaster

Post by RemMaster »

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the replies. Thanks for the tips I will leave the standard string for the time being, I just thought I would buy a replacement string since the store I buy my hunting gear at is a ways away (it's a lot cheaper than the local stores). I also bought a pack of six excalibur arrows, are they basically the same as the firebolts the package comes with?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Welcome to the forum, hint: If you fill out your profile a bit more, like where you are at, it will be easier to help you find goodies. A guy always needs goodies. :mrgreen:
I also bought a pack of six excalibur arrows, are they basically the same as the firebolts the package comes with?
Dunno, what's it say on the arrows? The two most popular types are Firebolts and GT Laser II's which have brass inserts to make weight.

No insult to the alum crowd meant.
"Eze 18:21"
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

Yes boo is right i have the exact same xbow and am also new to the game only been in it for 5 months i have dry fired already so glad i had the dacron string on at that point, i did recently put a flemish string on but i am being extra carefull not to do it again, good luck and welcom to the forum :D
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Hi RemMaster, Welcome to the forum! I also recently purchased an Axiom & am very satisfied with it. Enjoy your new Excalibur!
Hoagy
RemMaster

Post by RemMaster »

awshucks wrote:Welcome to the forum, hint: If you fill out your profile a bit more, like where you are at, it will be easier to help you find goodies. A guy always needs goodies. :mrgreen:
I also bought a pack of six excalibur arrows, are they basically the same as the firebolts the package comes with?
Dunno, what's it say on the arrows? The two most popular types are Firebolts and GT Laser II's which have brass inserts to make weight.

No insult to the alum crowd meant.
They are made by Excalibur ,on the sticker is says Carbon 20, on the box it just says 7 Crossbow arrows, the right stuff.
RemMaster

Post by RemMaster »

Hoagy wrote:Hi RemMaster, Welcome to the forum! I also recently purchased an Axiom & am very satisfied with it. Enjoy your new Excalibur!
Hoagy
Thank you!
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

RemMaster wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome and the replies. Thanks for the tips I will leave the standard string for the time being, I just thought I would buy a replacement string since the store I buy my hunting gear at is a ways away (it's a lot cheaper than the local stores). I also bought a pack of six excalibur arrows, are they basically the same as the firebolts the package comes with?
I would bet you have a set of Firebolts there...Don't think you can find Excalibur branded GT Laser II's anymore...

Could be wrong though....Firebolts have a glossy finish...laser II's are more matte.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

oops double post
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
RemMaster

Post by RemMaster »

georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Look like firebolts to me! :)
Welcome to the forum!!! :D :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
RemMaster

Post by RemMaster »

georgiaboy wrote:Look like firebolts to me! :)
Welcome to the forum!!! :D :wink:
Ok thanks, what's the general consensus about using them for deer hunting?