I am Excited

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

I am Excited

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I have some exciting news to tell you all. I was talking to a new friend that I met about 3 months ago. He went to school with my first cousin and this guy called me up to see if I could help him locate my cousin. Unfortunately my cousin had passed away about 10 years ago. So we kept talking and visiting each other and have become good friends. Tonight I was talking to him on the phone and we were talking about his gardening and the deer problems he is having. I asked him if anyone had asked for permission to hunt on his property with a compound bow or a crossbow and he said no one does. The houses are close together around him and nobody hunts in that area at all. He said you are more than welcome to hunt on my property if you want to. I said I would very much like to hunt his property. In his fields he has been seeing as high as 16 deer throughout the daytime. And he needs them thinned out some because they are becoming a major problem around and in his gardens. The woodland property is a nice area for the deer also he said. They stay around his property all year round. It is only a half hour away from here and a 15 minute drive from our camp. I have a friend that is like a brother to me that lives right across the road from my new friend and he has offered me to stay at his house instead of staying at my camp, that is even better. This coming week my friend and I are going to take a little hike and do some scouting and he is going to show me where the deer come and go from his pastures. I feel really lucky and excited to have this opportunity all to myself. With the clowns that have been messing around my hunting area on my own land the last couple of years this is a blessing for me to have a new area like that to hunt in. I am going to get my son to help me take my steps down from my home-made tower stand and bring them out to the house and make sure that that windows are covered over with plywood and that the door has a padlock that they cannot cut or yank the door latch off of the building or the door to gain entry. I will also post no trespassing signs and the cops have told me to tell him and his buddies to stay off my property. Once I do that and if by camera, or my son or myself sees him and his buddies on my property they will take care of the problem through lawful means. Because they are all on probation and have restrictions on them and rules that they are to follow. I am really pump about this new area. Any tips or opinions from you folks will be much appreciated. I haven't been well for a few years now and maybe this is a sign that everything is going to be okay. Thank you Lord. Man I cannot believe my good fortune, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .
Raymond
agingcrossbower

Re: I am Excited

Post by agingcrossbower »

WoW, that is a stroke of luck. Good for you. I am happy for you Raymond. :D
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I am really pumped up Mike. I need to get busy and build my core muscles up slowly but surely. It is hard to believe that in 1993 before I was injured that I was a 6' 1.5" man of muscle and a head like steel. And now all my muscle tone is gone. I have a long road ahead of me. I never expect to become the man that I used to be, but at the very least become as healthy and strong as I can. I will not have to carry or drag anything in or out he has a horse that will do it for me. I am really looking forward to doing some scouting this coming week. I am so excited and wound up that I cannot even sleep right now. Oh my life really is like a new beginning for me, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D . This is some other goal to help me and to work towards that goal.
Thanks,
Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Further proof that sometimes good things happen to good people. :D
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

You are right there Neil. Thanks so much for your kind words.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Glad to hear you have found a decent place to hunt. Now its get it ready fer yer hunting to be easier on you.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Mike,
Yes indeed, I will be scouting it out with the land owner this coming week. I am looking forward to checking out the property. But at the same time taking care of myself.
Thanks,
Raymond
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

That's some good news raymond!! :D
Little gems like that can produce some good bucks, you got plenty of time to get yourself & the property ready...take it easy my friend.
If you get a chance post some pics of your new honey hole!!
Good luck!! :wink:
Jimmy
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
axiluc

Post by axiluc »

Sounds like a hunters dream good luck have fun :D :D
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

It doesn't get any better than that, looks like everything came together perfectly, a new friend, new place to hunt and a place to sleep right next door, this Must be a sign that your luck is changing. :)
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Congrats on the property Raymond.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Congrats, Ray! Sometimes it's the little things that matter.
"Eze 18:21"
maple

Post by maple »

Glad to hear thing are looking up for you Raymond!!!

THAT sounds like a perfect setup!!! Good for you!

You take good care of those friends now yahear? They're special.
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

Good for you ... the best medicine is the great outdoors and enjoy God s creation . but dont forget to take it easy , one day at the time .
PS
Hope you post some pics when you get the chance
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's excellent Raymond! Good luck to you man. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads