what do you make let us see

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ottawacats

Re: what do you make let us see

Post by ottawacats »

Crispy wrote:I make decoys,

Those are some find looking decoy's there. Would love to have one on display in my house they look so good. You also live in a very cool city, you guys put on one of the best car/flea markets in the country.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

ottawacats,
If you make it to any of the car/bike shows let me know, I would like to meet you. I'm only a couple of minutes from the fair grounds. If your interested in a duck pm me.
Crispy
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Hey Crispy,
Now those are Sweet, really like that hen.You got the Talent.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

You guys are awesome!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Im sorry i opened my mouth and said i would post pictures, im embarassed to post this after the lead you guys gave, you guys have talent! but Here goes, a condensed version. Pardon the poor pictures , all these are terrible but the give ya an idea what ive been up to for the past few years. None of these are digital and I only had copies in my photo album. I had to take pictures of pictures :roll:
Obviously the art of photography escapes me too!

Started out with vw's. A 1972 vw karmann ghia before.
ImageImage
and after:

1970 vw dunebuggy. ( yes i had a brief "thing" for vw's ) Still would like to build one again someday for old times sake. :D
ImageImage

Moved on to the car i miss the most. A 1966 chevelle SS L34. One of under 500 made that year with the 360hp 396 and a M22. My oldest had colik(sp) as a baby and going for a ride in the chevelle was the only thing that quieted him down. Thats my boy. :D
ImageImage
sold the chevelle when the time came to buy a minivan.. .. . . . . . Paid a lot of bills but felt naked without SOMETHING to cruise in. So I bought a 1968 chev K-10 short and wide 4x4. The one that is sometimes in my avatar. Heres a link to that project and although I have changed alot on the truck in the past year ( more aggressive white letter tires, interior) it gives an idea:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ck#p317730

There have been others, a couple of 69 camaro's that i got discouraged with and sold, even though i love that year. but sometimes its a good idea to let it go. A 1973 rs camaro that was setup as a street/drag car.(love the rs!) sold it too before it made me a poor man, A 1968 Mercury M100 shortbox/fleetside 2wd pickup truck that i drove while dating my wife. A few more vw's but you get the idea :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

one shot scott you have an extream amount of talent ...i never could work on a vehicle ...all i can do is put gas in them ....but i keep forgetting what side the the gas cap is on :lol:
munch

Post by munch »

one shot scott wrote:Im sorry i opened my mouth and said i would post pictures, im embarassed to post this after the lead you guys gave, you guys have talent! but Here goes, a condensed version. Pardon the poor pictures , all these are terrible but the give ya an idea what ive been up to for the past few years. None of these are digital and I only had copies in my photo album. I had to take pictures of pictures :roll:
Obviously the art of photography escapes me too!

Started out with vw's. A 1972 vw karmann ghia before.
ImageImage
and after:

1970 vw dunebuggy. ( yes i had a brief "thing" for vw's ) Still would like to build one again someday for old times sake. :D
ImageImage

Moved on to the car i miss the most. A 1966 chevelle SS L34. One of under 500 made that year with the 360hp 396 and a M22. My oldest had colik(sp) as a baby and going for a ride in the chevelle was the only thing that quieted him down. Thats my boy. :D
ImageImage
sold the chevelle when the time came to buy a minivan.. .. . . . . . Paid a lot of bills but felt naked without SOMETHING to cruise in. So I bought a 1968 chev K-10 short and wide 4x4. The one that is sometimes in my avatar. Heres a link to that project and although I have changed alot on the truck in the past year ( more aggressive white letter tires, interior) it gives an idea:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ck#p317730

There have been others, a couple of 69 camaro's that i got discouraged with and sold, even though i love that year. but sometimes its a good idea to let it go. A 1973 rs camaro that was setup as a street/drag car.(love the rs!) sold it too before it made me a poor man, A 1968 Mercury M100 shortbox/fleetside 2wd pickup truck that i drove while dating my wife. A few more vw's but you get the idea :lol:

that 66 is my all time fav. never owned one but thats my dream car
my buddy had a 66 with a 396 and i think they called the shifter a vertical gate
yoiu just banged it straight back and then straight ahead with a little lever you had to pull up to shift into reverse .car was not top end fast but got there in a hurry if you could keep it going straight
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Scott, just recently the wife and I bought a new car and the dealer asked if I wanted to look under the hood. I said, WHY. Thats how mechanical I am. You've got talent my man. I would'nt attempt any of that. You must feel great to be able to bring old cars like them back to life. WOW!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Crispy, those works of art you loosely call decoys should never touch water. Very, very nice. The detail is really shows your steady hand. What a talent. That hen is my favorite.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

WOW!
A number of different talents on here for sure.
Really interesting to see.
Thanks folks.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Hey Scott,
I would callrestoring the old one's a work of Art!!!!!!!! You do some pretty magic to them classics.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Some nice work,,, I just make paracord key fobs, bracelets etc...
Mark, those calls are Beautiful!
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I'm a car guy too for the most part, I don't have many before pics.
Before
69 L78 4 speed Nova, did everything but the body

After

Built this with my son

He made me proud and put it here!!

Pumpkin

Painted this one Jr's wall
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
masboy

Post by masboy »

great cars!!! brings back memorys wish I had some of my old cars now. I had 69 camaro,67 chevell 396,70 nova 427,69 road runner 440 six pack,67 barracuda 383,70 olds cutlass 455 My favorite was a 69 camaro 396 375hp that my cousin had .
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here's some art work in scratch board, it's chalk on poster board with ink over it....you scratch it and it turns white....

here is where i took a magazine page and cut a wedge out, then drew it back in....

made some scale bungee cords for my R/C truck....

powder horn from a raw horn....

possibles bag from leather....

i'll add some other pictures later on of my .54 lancaster flintlock i'm finishing up........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.