PA Hunters - Good Luck!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Morangus

PA Hunters - Good Luck!

Post by Morangus »

Good Luck to all you Gobbler hunters in PA tomorrrow for 1st day of opening season! I'll be in my spot right before light! I'm already gearing up and getting ready to go!!!
masboy

Re: PA Hunters - Good Luck!

Post by masboy »

good luck to you to! we were going out in the river this evening to put some Turks to bed and be on them in the morning but it,s very windy so I guess we will try early in the morning and see what happens.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

Well, unfortunately for me the season is over. Went out before light and could hear them gobbling first light about 200 yards below me on the creek bottom (posted land). Because of the early spring they're already all henned up. They gobbled til 8am and then not a peep. I didn't even see a turkey, hen or otherwise. I knew it was going to be rough but sheesh!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Morangus wrote:Well, unfortunately for me the season is over. Went out before light and could hear them gobbling first light about 200 yards below me on the creek bottom (posted land). Because of the early spring they're already all henned up. They gobbled til 8am and then not a peep. I didn't even see a turkey, hen or otherwise. I knew it was going to be rough but sheesh!
I wouldn't give up just yet. :wink: Even with hened up birds, those hens go off to their nests around 10:00 or so, leaving the toms out looking for love. :wink:

When they're hened up, they're tougher to get, but not impossible. Start hunting their travel patterns and staying out later. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

In PA we're only allowed to hunt till noon the first two weeks. This is the first year they're allowing us to hunt till dusk on the last 2 weeks of the season.
masboy

Post by masboy »

don,t give up I heard lots of gobbling before season and only one gobble in the last week but been seeing turkey almost every day but most I see are after 9.00 am today I heard my first gobble in a week of hunting at 9.00am and then seen 4 at 11.00 am and another one at 11.20 am but I been out at daylight and see none till after 9.00 am and some are coming in without making a sound .
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Good luck folks, go get the Thunder Chickens and show us some photos and story to go along with it.
Thank you,
Raymond
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

I'll be out again Saturday. I just hope to see something. I had 2 hens and a jake decoy out this past Saturday. Recommend for this sat or just go with 2 hens?