Windsor Star - May 16 2012

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Windsor Star - May 16 2012

Post by j.krug »

I sent a letter off to the Windsor Star a couple days ago regarding the current situation where the province's Cheif Firearms Officers are refusing to follow the new gun registration laws as laid out by Bill C19. I could go on and on about this for hours but I won't cuz it tends to get me pretty worked up. :twisted:

I wasn't sure if they'd print it or not as it is a bit lengthy, but they did so here it is. I sent it in untitled and the editor pick the title. Seem fitting to me.

Stop harassing legal gun owners

By Jim Krug, The Windsor StarMay 16, 2012

I'm writing to express my concern and anger over the recent defiant actions of Canada's Chief Firearms Officers and other bureaucrats in charge of overseeing the Canadian Firearms program.

For years, law-abiding gun owners across Canada have voiced our concerns about being treated unfairly and being targeted by these officials who distort the laws and use them unfairly against us.

It didn't make sense to gun owners to spend millions and eventually billions of dollars to track and monitor law-abiding men and women for no other reason than their enjoyment of owning and using firearms.

For decades, firearms have been used legally in Canada for sport shooting and hunting and many other purposes. It made more sense to us to keep track of those who chose to use guns illegally and for criminal purposes.

In the long run, this would have been much less expensive to the taxpayers and done a lot more to truly enhance public safety.

Firearms owners fought hard against Bill C68 with all the legal tools available to us. We held support and information rallies and sent letter after letter to politicians and anyone else we thought would listen.

Those who supported this gun legislation and other antifirearms lobbyists shot down our fear of unfair treatment and persecution under these proposed laws.

Recently, the Conservatives succeeded in passing Bill C19, a law that basically gets rid of the need to register long guns. Firearms owners celebrated this small step in making Canada's gun laws a bit more fair and sensible, but the celebration was short-lived.

It seems the Chief Firearms Officers of Canada are intent on scheming and planning ways to circumvent this new law and find any way possible to work around it.

The CFOs have apparently forgotten that their job is to enforce, without bias or prejudice, the laws passed by parliament, not to make up their own or pick and choose the laws they will or will not follow.

If you or I were to stand up and openly disobey these laws, we would no doubt be knocked back down quickly by them using the full might of these very same laws against us.

This is very disturbing to me and should be a concern to every Canadian, not just gun owners.

The recent actions of the Chief Firearms Officers is proof positive that the current firearms legislation is not working and worse yet is being used to harass and mistreat law-abiding Canadians.

It has never been more apparent that we need to fully repeal Bills C68 and C17 and replace them with legislation that is fair, clear and simple to follow.

More importantly, these laws need to be clear and easy to understand so that those who enforce them cannot twist them and interpret them as they see fit and use them against the law-abiding gun owners in Canada.

JIM KRUG, Amherstburg

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Stop+ha ... z1v51BRx2h
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bigsy

Re: Windsor Star - May 16 2012

Post by bigsy »

very well said!!!!!

thank you Jim

Chris
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Normous

Post by Normous »

Glad you posted this because I must have missed it in the Star. Well said!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Excelent effort Jim; keep up the fight !

Maybe real politicians can see the light you have shed for the greater good of all of us !

oneshot.............
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I know zip about Canuck laws, but kudos from our side of the border!
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Glad to see at least one person taking it seriously now. Congrads about trying to do something about it. Over the last month or two everyone telling me "You just don't accept freedom, it is like it was 20 years ago." Hopefully there are more believers now that things are not like 20 years ago. They get this first step then they will want all ledgers sent into them every so often. And over time we will be right back to square one. May not be with serial numbers but they will have possitive ID on who owns some long guns. Why they buying .243 shells if they don't own one ect.? They fight is not over, it is just starting!

If Quebec wins, what are the chances Ontario buys the Ontario part of registry? Oh ya forgot, it is all deleted but Quebec's like everyone told me. Sorry forgot.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Well done sir!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Walkin

Post by Walkin »

Good job Jim.

I'm glad to see that you framed this in a global way that will, hopefully, bring the point home by including:

"The CFOs have apparently forgotten that their job is to enforce, without bias or prejudice, the laws passed by parliament, not to make up their own or pick and choose the laws they will or will not follow.

If you or I were to stand up and openly disobey these laws, we would no doubt be knocked back down quickly by them using the full might of these very same laws against us.

This is very disturbing to me and should be a concern to every Canadian, not just gun owners."

You would think that being from Alberta, out west, Harper country and all, one of the places where the gun registry had it's most vehement opposition from the start, that the those same Firearms officers would be less likely to present hurdles to gun ownership and use for the simple act of hunting. But in my case seeing as I have a criminal record from 3 decades ago for a drinking/driving, they are dragging their feet for 2 months now in putting through my P.A.L. application. Having sold my guns a dozen years ago I only now have the need for a P.A.L. because I want to buy and own a rifle to hunt with. All this despite having previously held an F.A.C., and helping with Hunter Education for my Fish and Game club back then and bringing a few youngsters into the sport, having instilled a sense of ethics while afield. While Harper may have moved forward with the gun registry, his global repressive policy on Pardons and towards anyone and anything that has ever had anything to do with the justice system is even worse.

Thing is, most people will say, "Oh well, doesn't affect me, I don't have a criminal record......". Well maybe not, but not having been caught ,shouldn't be the barometer that dictates how we are treated.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Thank you for posting it.It is not just about gun .It is about FREEDOM.big time.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

EXCELLENT!!!!

Very well written, and very well said. You made your points clearly and without apology. GOOD JOB.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.