maxima hunter crossbow bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

maxima hunter crossbow bolts

Post by masboy »

going to Lancaster archery in the morning and get a 6 pack of maxima hunters they have 3 inch fusion vanes and I will get some different weight tips and a ariziona Fletcher and if they don,t shoot well they will get some blazers. can,t wait to test them there all I shot mostly from my compound. there suppose to be real strait and real close spine and a weight forward arrow.I will find out what they do without any brass inserts by changing tip weight and fletching. theres all kind of ways to check arrows but the only real test to me is shoot them for grouping and poi!!!!
agingcrossbower

Re: maxima hunter crossbow bolts

Post by agingcrossbower »

I also bought the Maxima arrows and am looking forward to shooting them. Suppose to be very durable. We shall see. :)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Plus they are easy to pull out of a foam target.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
masboy

Post by masboy »

pull out great! they were very acurrate and tuff and broadheads flew great from both my son and my compounds so if they are anything like the ones I use to shoot I don,t think you will be disappointed.
masboy

Post by masboy »

got some maxima hunter crossbow bolts today they had no shafts in stock at the store so I got 22 inch with 3 inch vanes already fletched with about 1or2 degree offset with moon and flats and I weighed and from 6 shafts all weighed from 326 gr too 327 about 1 grain different from lightest to heaviest and that's great!all spun great with tips so I will square everything anyway and test the way they are before I use my new Arizona easyfletch and blazers and cut too 20 inch . I measured the foc on them with a 125 gr tip and had about 5 inches more on the rear side so mush have a heavy foc with 125 tips . can,t wait too shoot them going now too test my Arizona Fletcher on my old arrows too see how I like it.I got a dozen of the maxims to play with so I will be testing for some time !! sure like what I see so far!
wayne

Post by wayne »

Boo wrote:Plus they are easy to pull out of a foam target.
X2

I use 2" blazers, very nice groups when shooting foam at 50 yards
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
masboy

Re: maxima hunter crossbow boltsw

Post by masboy »

just want too let everyone know the maxima hunter crossbow kv bolts are a little too fat and the string does not hit the nock in the center it hits a little low from center because I could see the marks on my flat plastic nock. the sales person told me they were the same as a 22 series arrow not so.guess I should have got the 350 ones for regular bow and cut them down. ( live and learn!) windy but I had too try a few shots and they hit about same poi as my 2114s and weigh about the same . they all shot pretty good groups in the wind . four shot real close too same poi and two shot a little higher each time I shot them at 30yds.there,s not much offset so not expecting too much in the wind.