Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TBrom

Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge

Post by TBrom »

For Immediate Release:

The first annual Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Target Challenge will be held on Saturday July 21, 2012. The event will be held at the Shooting The X facility located at 233 Allen Road Carlisle, PA 17013.

This is a two person team event with over 50 pop up targets. Teams must be registered before July 14, 2012. Registration fee is $50.00 per team. Payouts will be determined by the number of teams participating and will be announced at a later date. To register for this event call Shooting The X at 717-254-1701.

This is the first crossbow event of its kind. Whether you're a professional staff shooter or a crossbow novice; Participate, represent and enjoy a day of crossbow camaraderie with a chance to win cash and prizes.

The entire event will be filmed and aired on the upcoming Crossbow Magazine show.
bugs

Re: Crossbow Magazine National Pop-Up Challenge

Post by bugs »

Sounds like it would be a fun event. A bit far for me but maybe when Vix and I retire we can come sweep the event :lol:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
TBrom

Post by TBrom »

:lol: That would be great, Bugs. I'm hoping we can get some excalibur shooters there so Excalibur is represented. We've already had one company sweeten the purse. They're going to pay an extra $700 if the shooters who win it are using their equipment.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

bugs wrote:Sounds like it would be a fun event. A bit far for me but maybe when Vix and I retire we can come sweep the event :lol:
YAY Bugs!!!! Let's do it! :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

I live about 20 minutes from there. I'm trying to talk my Uncle into registering with me. If so Excal will be represented twice! I own an Exomax and my uncle has the First Gen Axiom!
TBrom

Post by TBrom »

That would be great, Morangus. Hope to see you there.
birddog1520

Post by birddog1520 »

I grew up there but now live about 180 miles north and am seriously considering coming down for the shoot.

Randy, The Birddog.
masboy

Post by masboy »

sounds great but I don,t know what pop up targets are . are they animals that pop up at any distance and up to how far . would they have a bulls eye with scoring rings or like a three d shoot? do you have to shoot fast? would you be able to use a sling? thanks
TBrom

Post by TBrom »

The pop-up targets are 3D targets. They either pop-up and start moving or stay in a stationary position for a short amount of time and then fall back down. You will have only a short amount of time to shoot before the target drops.

Currently the event will be held at an indoor archery range. The longest shot will be 37 yards. If we get over 100 teams to register the event will be moved to an arena (in the same area) and the longest shot will be 50 yards.