Airgun shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Airgun shooters

Post by Sliver »

just wondering if we have any airgun shooters here ? I enjoy shooting my airgun pistols, I am just running out of areas to shoot. Does anyone know of a good shooting area in the durham region ?
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
bryman021

Re: Airgun shooters

Post by bryman021 »

although I can't help you find an area to shoot, I wanted to say that I am a fan of airguns. I currently have 3 crosman's that are variations of the CO2 powered 2240. 2 of them are from the crosman custom shop(1 pistol, 1 carbine), and the other one was just a bone stock 2240 that I added a stock and longer barrel to. I like the 2240's because there are so many ways to build them. I have barrels ranging from 7" up to 18", pistol grips, carbine stocks, custom triggers, and on and on. They are a lot of fun, I only use them for target shooting though, because in Pennsylvania you can't hunt with airguns. Something that hopefully will change one day, we got crossbows a few years back(and made permanent a few weeks ago), so hopefully airguns will be made legal sometime soon.
masboy

Post by masboy »

when I was a young kid my dad had a crossman 22cal with the wood stock and I would sneak it out and take lead sinkers and cut off little pieces of lead and take a hammer and shape them into little bullets that fit the chamber and killed many a rat down at the barn. had some crossman pump pistols and were very accurate . my best was a beeman brakedown barrel that was deadly accurate that I use to shoot the wifes clothpins off the line all the time and got in trouble for that!!!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I don't currently own an airgun but it is on my list of things I'd like to buy soon. Used to have a nice Diana but sold it a few years back. Thinking of trying out one of the Nitro Piston models currently available.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

My fish & game club is also the home of an Airgun Field Target Club. Its an interesting sport (the airgun equivalent of 3D shooting) and they use some truly amazing guns.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

I shoot a RWS 22 cal. model 48. Small game (tree rats) and pest control around the house.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Wow that just brought back some of my child hood memories, :lol: . When I was younger, when we run out of store bought pellets for our pellet guns we used the real rabbit pellet feed. It would work. And then one day we had the bright idea to play Cowboy and Indians with our pellet guns and those that didn't have a pellet gun made bows and arrows out of maple saplings and they were the Indians. The rabbit feed pellets would peel the skin right of to the raw meat, :lol: . Man was I lucky to be a Cowboy, :lol: :lol: :lol: . That is the honest to God truth, I kid you not. Oh what fun on our Uncle's farm. Jump on the horses and ponies bare back. And then we decide that we were going to ride the big old bull, :lol: :lol: :lol: . Here we was 8 and 9 year old. We learnt pretty fast that he was tougher than we were, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . But then we would get our revenge by teasing the crap right out of that bull. Thank God for the huge chestnut tree in Grandma's front yard. The last time we teased that bull he came right through the fence, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Man did we scurry up that tree like a bunch of terrified squirrels. When our uncles came along and wondered what happened we kind of made a fib. Once the bull was roped and drug back in the pasture with a couple of horses and two mad uncles, we thought we were in for it it. All of a sudden they both broke down laughing and rolling around on the ground. They watched us scurry up that huge chestnut tree and said it was worth watching every minute of it, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Raymond

Edit: Sorry this is so long but that is another part of my memory coming back. The doctors said things might still keep coming back and they are right, :) :) :) .
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I can't help you with a shooting location either, but I'm a big fan of quality German made spring power airguns. I've had a Finewerkbau 124D since I was a kid. My two main plinking and hunting guns are a Beeman R9 in 177 and an RWS 350 is 22.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Thanks for the replies, and Raymond.. That was a great story! Love it :D :lol:
I have some crosman hand guns.. 357-.177(co2), 2240 -.22(co2) & the new 1322.- .22(multi pump neumatic). c11 - co2 BB.
they are alot of fun to shoot. Two of them I will use to hunt some small game... I know they work for that :wink:

Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife