Economical Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Re: Economical Broadheads

Post by Dash »

Thanks for all the ideas guys.
sumner4991 wrote: Replacing the parts is definitely cheaper than replacing the broadhead. Just depends on if you are losing them or damaging them.
I agree. I never see tips and blades for decent broadheads here, and rely heavily on ebay to source most things from over there. Sometimes the postage to Australia costs more than the items, which also ends up being a deciding factor in what I can afford to buy.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Slick Tricks shoot great and have very sharp blades that are very easy to change. Their blades seem to be sharper than all the Muzzy's I've used throughout the years right out of the pack.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Retired05

Post by Retired05 »

Swhacker home page has 2 packages of broadheads for the price of a single pack. This offer is good till the end of the month.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

The most inexpensive broadheads that I've found are at Walmart. All the Carbon Express broadheads that I've shot out of my Axiom have been just as accurate as anything I've shot with the exception of one of the 100 grn Quad Pro's that was out of kilter. Most of their broadheads run in the $12 to $15 range for 3.

They have broadheads that are knockoffs of most popular styles, for a whole lot less. The Quad Pro's remind me of Razor Tricks and the Torrids look like Spitfires to me. You can see all in their line here...http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/archery/broadheads

I ruined a few Quad Pro's when hitting rocks or other hard stuff, but then again, I've damaged other broadheads as well.

I haven't used the expandables yet, but TheFieldArcher on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFieldArc ... ture=watch) does and has taken everything from squirrels to deer with them.

I plan on using some this year if I run out out of my G5 Strikers. Instead of worrying about losing or ruining a $15 broadhead, I can just go and buy a whole new pack of 3 for the price of one!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

I have to throw my two sense worth towards ABC Steel Sonic125's shooting 2219s with two inch blazers from the bolt arms and these are shooting extremely well about three inch groups of 50 yards and all i did was screw them on and shoot. I dont know how they do on deer because i just got my crossbow in February and have been fine tuning it since then. These also shoot well with four inch veins and also out of my vertical bow. i bought them on ebay for $12 a pack of three plus shipping bought four packs just used one pack for practice. Hope that helps
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Dash

Post by Dash »

While checking out some of the broadheads you have all mentioned, i looked a bit deeper into the Swhackers offer that"Retired"mentioned.
Thats pretty good deal for what I would consider to be a quality broadhead. Its a far supperior design compared to others I've looked at.It performed well on the U-tube ballistics tests, gell with ribs and the steel drum. At that price I wish I could buy a heap of them.