Hey Folks,
Check out this lobster. What a beauty.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/20 ... bster.html

Raymond
Dash

Re: Lobster

Post by Dash »

Pretty bright looking fella :lol:
Over here someone a breeder of Marron (fresh watr lobster)isolated and bred from few rare blue freshwater lobsters.They have been exporting them at ridiculous prices to the Japanese market. But even they were darker and not at bright at this specimen. :shock:
rayman

Post by rayman »

Maybe its a sign that he should start a restaurant chain called "Blue Lobster"
wapiti_wacker

Post by wapiti_wacker »

That is pretty cool , thanks for sharing .
Exocet 200
Flemish string
S 5 suppression
Hi my name is Mark and I AM an Elkaholic .....
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Stoddard's only condition – that the lobster doesn't end up on a dinner plate. He said he'll release the rare crustacean back into the Atlantic before he lets that happen.
Was going to ask if anyone thought it would turn red when cooked............. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

awshucks wrote:
Stoddard's only condition – that the lobster doesn't end up on a dinner plate. He said he'll release the rare crustacean back into the Atlantic before he lets that happen.
Was going to ask if anyone thought it would turn red when cooked............. :mrgreen:
When I was a Commercial Fisherman, I seen yellow ones, half orange and black, blue and yellow, tiger striped lobster, and some other colors that I cannot think off right now, even a white lobster. And they all turned red when cooked. I was fishing herring one night at dark and a right whale came up right next to the boat and was rubbing itself to scrap off barnacles from its body and this is no lie, I swear on my mom's grave, I step over the and was hold on a rope that was attached to a boom and I walked along the body of this whale. Man do I wish that we would have carried cameras with us but most of the time we never thought to and we would just do some things at the time we thought to do it.
Raymond

Edit: Now certain ones that were rare we would not keep them either. We would put them back in the water after offering them to the Department of Fisheries and Oceans if they didn't want them for studying them.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

The claw with the white band on it, that is called the crusher claw, the one with the blue band is called the pincher claw. The crusher claw depending on the size and force it could break your fingers, hand or wrist if it caught you. Let me tell you from experience if you ever get your finger caught in the crusher claw don't shake it to try and get it off. Let lay on a solid object and bear the pain until it slacks of enough to quickly haul your finger or any other body part out. Do not try and break the claw off of the lobster either because it will clamp down with all its force. I seen a guy take a hammer and try and break the crusher claw apart to remove it and it clamp down with all its force and broke his wrist. They are amazingly strong, but at the same time amazingly weak if they are subjected to to cold of winds and rain water will kill them, and to hot will kill them. One other fact about lobster is that they can regrow there claws back if they are broken off.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ol bluey there, is that what the b52's meant by a rock lobster? :roll: :lol:

I enjoyed the read on the lobster facts ray, I didn't know they had that kind of strength.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Oh, It just wouldnt be right unless I provided a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnU3WoQZ ... ata_player

C'mon, everyone "air cowbell" with me!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

one shot scott wrote:Oh, It just wouldnt be right unless I provided a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnU3WoQZ ... ata_player

C'mon, everyone "air cowbell" with me!!

Yeehaw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Lobster has found a home in the Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. They are going to make a salt water aquarium I would like to be around in say 20 years to see the size of that lobster. It will live a lot longer than twenty years if everything goes well. Hard job and a hard life but good if you like and I do have a lot of great memories of my time as a commercial fisherman. The many things you see, it is incredible.
Raymond
rayman

Post by rayman »

Raymond wrote:Hard job and a hard life but good if you like and I do have a lot of great memories of my time as a commercial fisherman.
The commercial fisherman is a dying breed in Florida. I have had several friends that did some sort of commercial fishing off the coast of Florida over the years. One of my closest friends hasn't even had his boat in the water in a year. A war was declared against them about 15 to 20 years ago and it has just built momentum. Tighter regulations and limits are imposed constantly and less expensive seafood from places like Asia and South America have replaced fresh local-caught seafood. Years ago you could go in a seafood restaurant near the coast and most of it was local caught, now hardly anything is local caught. The recreational fishing may be better, though I can't really decide about that, I just hate to see these guys loose their jobs.