Problem with S5 Suppressor

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

danieleubanks

Problem with S5 Suppressor

Post by danieleubanks »

Guys i have an excalibur axiom with the flemish dyna flight string. I recently purchased the S5 supressor kit and it seems to be WAY too long. if i were to install them they would extend approx 1.5 inches past where the string normally rests...any thoughts?
axiluc

Re: Problem with S5 Suppressor

Post by axiluc »

I have the same set up and it works fine,, good luck im sure someone here will have an answer for you im just a beginner at this,
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

besides the added weigh to the front its another reason why i took mine off. it doesnt allow you to tune your brace height. when they were installed i didnt notice much of noise difference. the s-5 makes the xbow a little smoother but for me its not a must have.i do use the dry fire unit and think thats the best trade off for me .
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It sounds like to me your brace height is way to short .
Give your string a few twists at a time to make sure you are going in the right direction .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
strum

Post by strum »

danieleubanks wrote:Guys i have an excalibur axiom with the flemish dyna flight string. I recently purchased the S5 supressor kit and it seems to be WAY too long. if i were to install them they would extend approx 1.5 inches past where the string normally rests...any thoughts?
doemaster said it.. your string needs to be twisted up a few turns..maybe quiet a few..you should end up with 1/16 to an 1/8 " gap between your bumpers and string..
remmeber that string will strech over time and will need to be readjusted .
can you give a pic of where your string is now at rest?..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16