crossbow tech tips

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rayman

Re: crossbow tech tips

Post by rayman »

Great thread Masboy, offers a bit of everything. Wisecracks, low intensity fireworks, Ford-Chevy gibes, excal praises, talk of beer and whisky, and numerous great tips for crossbow hunting. Kind of like a David Allen Coe song. :)

I'm not qualified to offer any technical tips yet, except maybe to watch the excal instructional videos before asking a bunch of questions. :)

I already knew about leaning things agains a truck bumper, and about when your buddy leaves his climbing stand behind the truck on the passenger side in the dark, great tip though. :?
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

yes it,s a hoot on here I just read an take in some good imfo and laugh at the rest and have never been offended or offended anyone I hope.
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Thanks for the tips and the entertainment.. Had to stop and grab a bag of popcorn when it got exciting. Seriously, thank you for the tips. Real life experiences are far more valuable than any book, manual, or dvd. Your suggestions are very much appreciated. The jabs are very entertaining...
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

they should be kept off the ground as male dogs seem to think there fire hydrants :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
epd1102

Post by epd1102 »

This thread had a lot of potential before it went downhill. Is there any way to start this thread over again without all the B.S.? I was really looking forward to learning some crossbow tech tips but I can do without all the "drama".
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Close your eyes and pretend it didn't happen, or ask politely for the offending members to delete what you find offensive.
Last edited by one shot scott on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Never, ever put your crossbow down. Anywhere. Ever. :oops:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

VixChix wrote:Never, ever put your crossbow down. Anywhere. Ever. :oops:
Biting my lip, biting my lip, biting my lip :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

well the rv silicon works great no tips come loose yet. I been useing brownels acraglas release agent on my arizona bolt Fletcher and works great !
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

epd1102 wrote:This thread had a lot of potential before it went downhill. Is there any way to start this thread over again without all the B.S.? I was really looking forward to learning some crossbow tech tips but I can do without all the "drama".
Tips can very easily be found through a search of the site and don't necessarily be logged all into one thread.

There by you can escape all the DRAMA!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i did try the silicon trick on my arrows last week, they pulled great out of the targets. my turkey 3-d target, usally have to stand on to pull the arrows, not now.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
strum

Post by strum »

---------------------------------------
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
diesel

Post by diesel »

Masboy wrote:well the rv silicon works great no tips come loose yet. I been useing brownels acraglas release agent on my arizona bolt Fletcher and works great !
Ok sorry Masboy I need you to explain the acraglas release agent ?
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have mentioned this before and I bet most of you thought I must be nuts, but it really does work great. In the 70's I worked in a gun shop in Ft. Worth. The owners way of mounting scopes so that they would not work loose, but could still be taken off without any trouble because of thread lockers(loctite) was to clean and degrease all screws and female threads, then use silicone seal( 100%silicone,in a toothpaste type tube in paint dept.at home centers) on the male threads of screws.You can use a toothpick to apply a bit and install as normal.If you wait till tomorrow, you will never have a scope work loose and if you want to change something you just use your screw driver or allen wrench and remove it,no problem.I have mounted scopes on rifles shotguns and pistols and NEVER had one come loose using this method.I have used it on my crossbows as well, trigger screws, stock screws etc.. no problems so far.It is one of those things that works great even if it sounds strange.
HOOT

Post by HOOT »

bbb
Last edited by HOOT on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up!