Hawke 1.5-5x32 SR IR Crossbow Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HOOT

Hawke 1.5-5x32 SR IR Crossbow Scope

Post by HOOT »

Hi guys & gals,

Has anyone tried out the Hawke 1.5-5x32 SR IR Crossbow Scope? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Never give up!
Boo

Re: Hawke 1.5-5x32 SR IR Crossbow Scope

Post by Boo »

It's a good enough scope for the money but it's similar to looking through a fish-eye camera lens. The distortion is quite noticeable but I don't think it hamper shooting accurately.
I'm not going to use mine for hunting and I think the Varizone is a much better scope.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
HOOT

Post by HOOT »

ahhh... I understand now. Thank you kindly Mr. Boo. How about the big rival between the new Excalibur Twilight DLX and the Hawke XB-30? I'm drawn to the 60 yard mark on the XB-30 but does that mean I may give up light compared to the DLX? My use is primarily in hunting situations. Thanks!
Never give up!
Boo

Post by Boo »

HOOT wrote:ahhh... I understand now. Thank you kindly Mr. Boo. How about the big rival between the new Excalibur Twilight DLX and the Hawke XB-30? I'm drawn to the 60 yard mark on the XB-30 but does that mean I may give up light compared to the DLX? My use is primarily in hunting situations. Thanks!
I had an XB30 as well as the Twilight and they are both on the same level in as far as clarity and brightness. The Twilight had heavier reticles which gives it a big edge in low light.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Boo wrote:
HOOT wrote:ahhh... I understand now. Thank you kindly Mr. Boo. How about the big rival between the new Excalibur Twilight DLX and the Hawke XB-30? I'm drawn to the 60 yard mark on the XB-30 but does that mean I may give up light compared to the DLX? My use is primarily in hunting situations. Thanks!
I had an XB30 as well as the Twilight and they are both on the same level in as far as clarity and brightness. The Twilight had heavier reticles which gives it a big edge in low light.
I agree with Don I own both and I have to get behind what Don has mentioned also the Twilight scope is lighter in weight as well as less money The Hawke XB 30 scope adds a bit of extra weight to the over all bow weight with the addition of the extra scope base
Hope this helps

Joe171
HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Yes Sir., helped indeed. Other than the weight, is it basically a toss up between the DLX and the XB30? Thanks again guys.
Never give up!
HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Sorry, I just saw that Boo had already answered my last question. Thanks again!
Never give up!