Swapping out parts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger66

Swapping out parts

Post by ranger66 »

I have an exocet 175, and an Axiom. I am gonna try it anyways, but just puttin this out there if anyone has done it. I am planning on swapping out the axiom limbs and riser, and stock and putting it on my exocet 175. Now I am wondering if I now will have a vixen( the old axiom) and now a exomag( the old exocet 175). If anyone has done this what kind of speeds would I be lookin at roughly. The rails on the both are 1 inch difference.
wabi

Re: Swapping out parts

Post by wabi »

I think Excalibur changed the rail width slightly when they went to the forward riser so they can't be interchanged without some machining.
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

The risers are different where they fit into the cut-out of the rail. The 175 is a sharp corner and the Axiom is rounded.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

You gain nutten as both are 175 lb models wid mag tip limbs. In 07 Excal changed the rails & even though they are Forward Riser they're diff where the trigger box is installed. I swapped my 07 phoenix trigger to my vixen & it wouldn't cock nor shoot. So i swapped them back out again. You gotsta have lots of extra parts to get them to all interchange. Prior to 07 i did alot of swappin between the 3 Excals i owned. Now i don't even fool wid'em
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I did do the swap a couple of years ago with my exomax and the exocet, and it worked, so i am gonna do some measuring before pulling things apart.
Boo

Post by Boo »

vixenmaster wrote:You gain nutten as both are 175 lb models wid mag tip limbs. In 07 Excal changed the rails & even though they are Forward Riser they're diff where the trigger box is installed. I swapped my 07 phoenix trigger to my vixen & it wouldn't cock nor shoot. So i swapped them back out again. You gotsta have lots of extra parts to get them to all interchange. Prior to 07 i did alot of swappin between the 3 Excals i owned. Now i don't even fool wid'em
Mike, the 175 has a straight riser and the Axiom has a swept forward riser which gains 25 lbs. If it could be done the 175 would become a 200 lb bow and the Axiom would become a 150 lb bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Well, the risers swapped out OK, BUT the stocks don't, now I have to make a trip to excal, cause I broke my trigger, lol. Oh well lessons learned.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ranger66 wrote:Well, the risers swapped out OK, BUT the stocks don't, now I have to make a trip to excal, cause I broke my trigger, lol. Oh well lessons learned.
Not good, hope you get all fixed.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315