Vixen speed ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joeyd50

Vixen speed ?

Post by joeyd50 »

I gave my son my vixen, he wants to sell it now and get something faster, I told him they had something that increased the speed, made a 150lb a 175lb, is there something like that still available? I think it went in front of the limbs.
Thanks
Joe
tman74

Re: Vixen speed ?

Post by tman74 »

Couple things you can do.

1)If it has a flat riser you could change it out for a forward riser.
2) Order a longer rail from Danny Miller. This is the cheaper option...A new forward riser is around $240 I believe.

Hope this helps. :)
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Be safe and sell it and buy the speed you want. :D :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe someone "invented" a wedge to insert under the limbs when the new riser hit the market. Simply a wedge you can insert between the limbs and the base of the limb pocket in the old riser to duplicate the angle the new riser holds the limbs at.
Perhaps whoever used this method will chime in, or someone with more time & patience than I have today will search the topic and find the answer. :lol: :lol:
wabi
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I woudl agree with Wheelie, if he wants something with more punch you would be better off selling or trading the vixen off for a different model. There have been quite a few folks lately looking to trade for a lighter weight bow. By the time you buy a longer rail to gain more speed you would be money ahead buying a goood used bow but you could give Danny Miller a call and see if he has something laying around his shop that would work for you.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus what in the He** does he need a faster model fer ? If'en he good he can kill truck loads of deer n bears. Vixen's be the best model thar be. Jus which vixen model do y'all have ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

deleted sorry damn :oops:
Last edited by Sliver on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

deleted :oops: :oops:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sliver wrote:deleted :oops: :oops:
Speak yer Mind my friend, we all do it well :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I don't think he mentioned any performance issues with the bow, he just wants something to shoot the arrow even further into the ground ;) You know how those "young kids" are....fast cars, fast women, fast bows. :lol:
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

bigredopie wrote:I don't think he mentioned any performance issues with the bow, he just wants something to shoot the arrow even further into the ground ;) You know how those "young kids" are....fast cars, fast women, fast bows. :lol:
Now dont be bad mouthin' cars or women!lol
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

We need to knowed what style vixen y'all gotstid to help with this here on goin dilemma. Does it have Forward Riser n Mag tip limbs ? If'en it does as said can go to another length rail, does it have FFF string on it ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

I have to disagree with you guys somewhat. I have a vixen and it is a great bow, but slower bows can never be BETTER than faster bows, considering that all other variables are equal. Faster bow will always be better in terms of performance. Flatter trajectories are more forgiving. I consider myself "Good" but when that big ol' buck comes rollin in to my view, giving me only a couple seconds to shoot, I would rather have a high performance, forgiving bow every time. If Im off by just a couple of yards with the vixen, that could very well translate to being several inches off in POI. Big mature bucks only slip up a couple of times in my neck of the woods. Id like to capitalize on those mistakes using every advantage that I can get.
joeyd50

Post by joeyd50 »

vixenmaster wrote:We need to knowed what style vixen y'all gotstid to help with this here on goin dilemma. Does it have Forward Riser n Mag tip limbs ? If'en it does as said can go to another length rail, does it have FFF string on it ?
I know it does have the Mag tip limbs I'm not sure what your talking about with the Forward Riser.
Thanks
Joe
joeyd50

Post by joeyd50 »

vixenmaster wrote:Jus what in the He** does he need a faster model fer ? If'en he good he can kill truck loads of deer n bears. Vixen's be the best model thar be. Jus which vixen model do y'all have ?
I told him that's all he needs.