Vixen speed ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Vixen speed ?

Post by vixenmaster »

joeyd50 wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Jus what in the He** does he need a faster model fer ? If'en he good he can kill truck loads of deer n bears. Vixen's be the best model thar be. Jus which vixen model do y'all have ?
I told him that's all he needs.
All Excals models should have went to the forward angled Riser by 06. Brn vixen then vixen II which is camo. So with mag tips he can pick-up another 10 fps with FFF string unless y'all already have it on it. Well if'en you do its pumped up & next up is another model of 175 lb or the 200 pounders. All good models but young ppl. learn as they go cause they seldom heed parents advice til they are in their mid 40's :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

Here my two cents worth. I have been shooting a "older model Vixen" for years, bought it in 1991. Works fine. Never had any one of the deer I have shot over the year's say to me you shot me to slow. But then I am an old gal. so what can I say?

Tell your son to practince. with the vixen...he will learn to apprecite the timing and the distance that this bow performs at and he may learn to appreciate it not all "speed" but talent.

Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
the elf

Post by the elf »

SWIFTFOX. What arrows and broadheads do you use with your vixen?
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

the Elf. I use good old 2216 aluminum arrows with 100 gr. slick tricks or rocket thunderheads. The rocket thunderheads are mechanical l00 grs. Tried grizz tricks, but I think I may have to go to a heaver arrow weight or carbon arrows.

I really like how the slick tricks work. Shot a doe with my bow last year, and got
a six point in shotgun season. If you check my old thread on that one you will read that I was literary "sweating bullets" . gun on ground, me in tree etc. :roll:

Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
the elf

Post by the elf »

Swiftfox. Thank you for prompt reply .It gives me another idea for my older vixen with mag limb tips.