Question from Newbie

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tucker1

Question from Newbie

Post by Tucker1 »

Bought a Axiom a short time ago. Love the bow. Sighted it in in just a few shots.
I've read where you keep the string about a strings width away from the S5 system. The issue I'm having is the string after I shoot the bow a few time is it creeps forward, and when a put a few twists on the string it affects my point of impact and then I have to adjust the scope. Is there something I'm missing Any help would be great Thanks in advance
vixenmaster

Re: Question from Newbie

Post by vixenmaster »

Tucker1 wrote:Bought a Axiom a short time ago. Love the bow. Sighted it in in just a few shots.
I've read where you keep the string about a strings width away from the S5 system. The issue I'm having is the string after I shoot the bow a few time is it creeps forward, and when a put a few twists on the string it affects my point of impact and then I have to adjust the scope. Is there something I'm missing Any help would be great Thanks in advance
Yup what automated11 said. I sit hear chucklelin to my self reading yer string creepin post. I built a dacron flemish 2 days ago & it ended up at 37" after i stretched it tight enuff on jig to serve it. I shot it about 10 times this morning & i had to twist it up couple inches worth. Now its startin to kink i have so many twists in it. Its shot now too long but it learned me about makin my string shorter to start with :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tucker1

Post by Tucker1 »

Thanks Guys I will give it a try
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have the opposite problem. I alway make mine and stretch them at 300lbs and wish they would stretch more. Mine all sit at high line and never creep down where I would like them to go with a few twists.
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:I have the opposite problem. I alway make mine and stretch them at 300lbs and wish they would stretch more. Mine all sit at high line and never creep down where I would like them to go with a few twists.
Are you using the string on a flat riser?
Some people just like stepping on rakes