First 100 shots - gilding the lilly (trigger)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

First 100 shots - gilding the lilly (trigger)

Post by JT of PA »

Able to take the birthday present out a few times and put 100 shots through my new Ibex with aluminum mainframe. WHOA NELLY !!! I like this crossbow and the more I use it there is hardly anything I would change .... except the trigger.

This is gilding the lilly but I prefer a trigger with more of a stacking/break point. Also the actual trigger design would fit me better if it were less wide and more curved like the triggers on my revolvers. The design is not bad its just not what I am use to when it comes to triggers.

All in all I am VERY pleased and seeing there is possible trigger mechanism refinement in the works by I believe Boo/Danny I thought I would mention the physical shape of the trigger. (Maybe sometime in the future trigger shape modifications can be an option).

Best purchase I have made in a long time and the Excalibur forum family and the owners and what they portray make it all even better.

Looking forward to the next 100 shots.

JT of PA
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Raymond

Re: First 100 shots - gilding the lilly

Post by Raymond »

Congrats JT, Excalibur making the best crossbow in my opinion. I would buy nothing else but an Excalibur. I am on my second and am more than pleased with the product and the service is second to none.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Re: First 100 shots - gilding the lilly (trigger)

Post by vixenmaster »

Well you gotstid a good one bein an Excal. Triggers shape n feel its accept n do better thing.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Isnt it nice to buy a product that actually is BETTER than advertised rather than a clunker with shiny paint! The Excalibur bows amaze me in their quality and the way they stand behind their product. In this day and time its nice to know somebody still has pride in their product and services. Thats why most of us here shoot Excalibur Bows and frequent this forum.Congrats on the bow and welcome
P.S. there are some things that can be done about the trigger.I'm sure others will chime in with more details, but there are a few options.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

flightattendant100 .... Thank You, you said my gist more succinctly, "BETTER than advertised". I was at the store today picking up some gear for my nephew's first hunt. There were five other guys there with crossbows of different brands. Being I just got my Excalibur I struck up conversations with all and we had a good time waiting our turn and handling the bows. The other ones, to me, seemed to be shiny toys. My Excalibur is a fine tool, a quality piece of manufacturing. I am fortunate to have purchased an Excalibur when I knew nothing about crossbows ... looking at all the models/manufactureres the Excalibur just seemed right for me. Now I know it is. =) Your nailed it when you spoke of Exalibur pride in their products and services. I am a very satisfied customer. I appreciate your kind words and "welcome" to the club.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

The excaliburs can be a bit sneaky. you buy one of those finely tuned instruments to headout for a good day hunting/fishing and suddenly you realize just how good these bows actually are. With a bit of fine tuning and practice your skills wil improve to the point you start to deam about guided hunts and ,naturally, a new bow! luckily they hold their value and never wear out thanks to the lifetime guarrantee.

it sounds like you are breaking it in well. once you get the hang of everything and still feel something wanting, give Boo a call. He can hook you up with some awsome lightning quick, quiet strings and for those that feel the need for a smooth lighter trigger he can take care of that too. with a new set of strings and a greased lightning trigger it willbe a whole new bow. The new frontier is definitely the upcoming trigger exchange but Boo's trigger jobs are hard to beat :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em