Scope question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

koko

Scope question

Post by koko »

How do you get the crosshairs of your scope horizonally level with your crossbow and do it by yourself. I tried setting the bow on a table but it is to unstable always leans one way or another. I don't have a little bubble level. The smallest level is 6 in. I always seem to be guessing that it looks level. Looking through the scope and putting the vertical crosshair on some line that is vertical, but is the bow perpendicular to the line when I am holding it.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
Dash

Re: Scope question

Post by Dash »

It can be a mess around depending on what you have to do it with.
I hang a weighted string/plumbob on the clothsline to compare your scope vertical line. ( If there is any string movement at all let the string weight hang into the middle of a bucket of water)
Loosen the crossbow scope ring screws evenly. Then chock your table legs so the table is steady
Chock up the crossbow bow on the table top looking towards your vertical string, then use a bubble level across the riser to get the crossbow riser level. The limbs can also be checked against the riser at this stage if you want.
While the riser is level, twist your scope carefully to get the vertical scope line and string lined up together. Evenly clamp the scope rings down, while checking alighnment on the riser and scope as you tighten up.
roly

Re: Scope question

Post by roly »

I set my cross hairs the same way they do in the instructional videos.

I move my eye back from the scope so I see the cross hairs and the limbs and turn the scope till it matches the limbs

Works for them, works for me