re:new trigger question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: re:new trigger question

Post by newbie »

TPM wrote:A standard trigger use a friction sear system. This new trigger uses a pin roller system thereby eliminating the fiction aspect. I've shot one of the prototypes. It's an awesome trigger, well worth the $150.
I tried one the other day ,x2 on the awesome!!!

Sounds awesome TPM.......
How dose the break feel when fired
sounds like its not modeled after the Rem 7000 model
Pin Roller ...........now you got me LOL

Joe :D :D :D[/quote]

Like a glass rod breaking, has a few ounces of take up to a wall then snap, it truly is awesome.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Like a glass rod breaking, has a few ounces of take up to a wall then snap, it truly is awesome.
Stated perfectly!!
"Eze 18:21"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You feel where it's going to break but you don't really anticipate it - it's so smooth. You take up the initial sponginess, then you meet some resistance and keep squeezing through without increasing pressure. It's hard to explain until you feel it.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Movingmd

Post by Movingmd »

So when do we hear about the wonderful insurance company?
Exomag 200lb
Varizone
Munch Mount
Orange tiger vanes
Lazer 2
Muzzy fixed broad heads
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I sure hope that the liability thing is not a show stopper. With all the crazy lawsuits down here, they make it hard to sell anything. Heck even selling coffee can cost you 5 million bucks.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
rej

Post by rej »

TPM wrote:A standard trigger use a friction sear system. This new trigger uses a pin roller system thereby eliminating the fiction aspect. I've shot one of the prototypes. It's an awesome trigger, well worth the $150.
Thanks for the explanation TPM. Now understand the liability issue. Getting a PE to rubber stamp his design would be a great help but could lead to more expensive "walls". I wish Boo success in navigating this.

Two policeman were standing on a closed piece of highway investigating a double fatality. A lawyer and a skunk had been run over at almost the same time. One cop says to the other,"how do we know who was standing where?" The other cop turns to his partner and says,"the skid marks are where the skunk was"!
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Since I'm new to crossbow hunting, I'm gonna keep it stock until the season is over. After that, I'll definitely be doing a trigger upgrade! I'm one of those nasty old guys with many, many years of benchrest shooting; using basics, timneys, and other triggers that I stoned, coated, and fine tuned. This new trigger sounds exactly like what I'm wanting. Any other suggestions for bells & whistles that will improve my Axiom performance is greatly appreciated!! I'm always interested in better performance and accuracy. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Nighthunter
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D when you get a chance, order a string from boo, there great. on my axiom, it put 15 or so fps on my shots. love the string!!! good luck with your bow.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Any news on the new triggers? I have been anxiuosly waiting for a chance to get one of these,(hopefully by hunting season (hint hint) but the news on them seems to have dried up a bit.

Please tell me that the legal/liability beast has not stopped this worthy enterprise. Any info/hope would be greatly appreciated :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just an up date. We have received quotes on parts and are waiting for samples. With those quotes it appears that a complete replacement/drop in trigger unit will be in the range of $135 (you keep your old trigger unit). That price will be limited to a date and number. That price may vary as we see possible added costs but I doubt the price will surpass the $150.00 mark. We hope to have these available by mid to late November.
Our exchange units are being worked on right now and I hope they are ready in a week or 2. Anyone who knows they want the exchange units for sure for $75.00 should send an email to [email protected]. If you do send an email to that address consider it a commitment.
I still do not have any insurance finalized. It looks like I have to go to the US to see if I can get coverage. I am also wondering if I need coverage.
If anyone has questions or comments please fire away.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Boo. I hope this hasn't been asked already. I browsed the thread and didn't see it.

How will the exchange work? Send in my trigger and cash and then recieve the new trigger? If that's the case is there an estimated turn around time for Canadian orders?

Thanks. Jim
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Will the exchange units be offered after the new trigger unit parts are available? Just curious.Wishing ya'll the best of luck with your undertaking.
Boo

Post by Boo »

j.krug wrote:Boo. I hope this hasn't been asked already. I browsed the thread and didn't see it.

How will the exchange work? Send in my trigger and cash and then recieve the new trigger? If that's the case is there an estimated turn around time for Canadian orders?

Thanks. Jim
Jim, it's an exchange we have a bunch of triggers and are reworking them. So you send in your trigger with money and we send back a different trigger.
We are not set up to take your trigger and rework it. I suppose we could but the costs would be much higher and the turn around time would be much longer and unpredictable. I have a couple of trigger units that belong to individuals and their bows have been out of commission for a month now.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Will the exchange units be offered after the new trigger unit parts are available? Just curious.Wishing ya'll the best of luck with your undertaking.
We are trying to keep it simple so I'll say no. The reason is that we will be buying 4 to 5 parts in lots of up to 1,000 so we want those parts gone and paid for asap. We don't want to end up with a few hundred parts with no home.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

After the new triggers get rolling( pun intended) will the "Boo Trigger" still be available?It was a great trigger as well.