Firebolt with different vane twist

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mooboy

Firebolt with different vane twist

Post by mooboy »

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this:

The Firebolts that came with my Axiom smf had the rear of the vane slightly more to the right than the front end of the vane.

However, I just purchased some lumenok firebolts from Burt Coyote and on those firebolts the rear of the vane is just left of the front end of the vane.

Has anyone else found their vane direction reversed on the factory firebolts vs the burt coyote lumenok firebolts?

i was going to use them in the morning for a hunt, but now am not sure how they will fly.
roly

Re: Firebolt with different vane twist

Post by roly »

Vanes with a right or left offset will not effect
the flight of the arrow other than which way it spins

I think it only matters with real feathers.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Right or left only matters when shooting a vertical bow and whether you shoot a right or left handed bow.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
strum

Post by strum »

just so i got this straight...you were going to use them in the morn for a hunt but your not sure how they will fly?
i just cant wrap my head around guys that go hunting without shooting and then asking will this work...the answer..WHO KNOWS!!! '
go shoot em man..then hunt..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
mooboy

Post by mooboy »

Thanks for the responses guys.

Strum, to clarify, I was going to use them for hunting this morning until I noticed that the twist direction was different. I decided not to use them just in case there was a difference. I guess consensus seems to be that there should not be a difference in flight. Don't worry, I will be giving them a try just to be sure.

I am still curious if others had found the twist direction reversed on their Firebolts before.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I have both Excalibur Firebolts and Easton Powerbolts.
They are the same shaft.
All fletched the same way.
Right or left should not matter but the degree of offset could make a difference.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"