Nastsy Ticks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Blood on the floor

Re: Nastsy Ticks

Post by Blood on the floor »

Hi guys.
My Bro. is a Doc. His comment on the subject is - " there is no good test for lyme disease" the medical field is looking for a better test for this problem.
SOOOO always tell the Doc about tick bites.
mark 10 :13
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Yes sir, I have a neighbor that nearly died from Lymes caused by a tick bite. The dr's test didn''t pick it up. His wife's persistence is what saved him. She learned all she could an swithced dr's until they found one that understood Lymes and got thim the proper treatment with antibiotics & vitamin's.
His wife brought him back from the brink of death, been 5 years recovering, still gaining slowly.

Yea Larry, ticks love my fur face, nice warm home for em!
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
rayman

Post by rayman »

Not an expert, but there are several tick-borne diseases and yes they can be very serious. Lyme, Spotted Rocky Mounty, Ehrlichiosis, and others. Symptoms for most include flu like symptoms with others, like target rash for Lyme. In my case I had flash fevers and saw spots like when you look at a light and then close your eyes. Also had cotton mouth. I was tested twice for Lyme and it came back negative. Dr told me it could be a different tick-borne disease and put me on Doxicyclene for 10 days. Think I may have continued effects 15 years later but there is much disput about this amount doctors. I think that when it becomes the most serious is when people just think they are sick and let it go for a long time.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

bigredopie wrote:We treat our gear with permethrin the night before we go out and have not had any tick or chigger problems. You Sawyers sells it premixed $ or you can buy it in bulk and mix it yourself at a greatly reduced price. Once dry it has no odor and bonds with the clothing material.

I bought a gallon of 60% and mixed it at a higher concentration than the store bought stuff and we still ended up with over 40 gal of the stuff.

You need to apply .15oz of permethrin molecules to a garment for it to be effective regardless of the size (small or xxxxl makes no difference) and it lasts for about 6 laundry cycles or 3 mo which ever comes first.

The biggest thing to remember is that you need to apply it ahead of time so you clothes are completely dry or it can irritate you skin. Of for you cat lovers out there, keep it away from the kitties as the liquid form causes problems with their nervous system and can cause fatal paralysis until the clothing is dry.

If anyone is interested I can post more specifics on the stuff I bought from amazon.
I 've used this before but mostly for mosquitoes and chiggers. They claim it will stay in your clothes even after you wash them. I used to buy it in a spray can at Walmart seeemd like what you bought it a lot cheaper.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

That's part of the problem, Lymes mimic's so many other common ailments and progress's so slowly at times. Can take over six months for systems to even start to appear.
My neighbor was in his late 40's an got down to hundred pounds or so soaking wet. He worked in a stone quarry an owns a small local green house. His quarry days are over.
She told his dr, your wrong, she studyed the Lymes, persisted, until she found the right dr, she saved his life without a doubt.
Due to his treatment dr being almost 4 hrs away they set it for UPS to deliver his IV's an meds and trained his wife on his treatments.
Get checked an rechecked if you have any idea.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100