Wounded Warrior Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

Wounded Warrior Hunt

Post by Sopchoppy »

This past weekend, I was honored to assist on a Wounded Warrior Hunt which was held in Adams County, Ohio. Our Christian Outdoor Ministries Group in Crossville, Tennessee put on the hunt and 7 of us made the 300+ mile trip to Ohio. We have done about 10 of these WWH's. There were 3 Wounded Warriors on this hunt, one from Indiana, one from Kansas, and one from Florida. To travel those distances shows just how much these heroes want to get out and hunt, but need a lot of assistance. Ron, Brian, and Bryan have been wounded to differing degrees with two of them being confined to wheelchairs.
The biggest honor I had, other than just being in their presence and help serve, was to have Bryan use my Excalibur Vortex during the hunt.
Hank Parker Jr. and his cameraman were with us during the weekend and they ran the cameras to record the hunts. Hank Jr. had no interest whatsoever in hunting, he said he was there to serve!!! The only bone I had to pick with him was he removed my Slick Trick and replaced it with a Swacker. :D
If any of you ever get the opportunity to participate in a Wounded Warrior Hunt, DO IT!!!! You will be blessed beyond belief.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
cmcsmitty

Re: Wounded Warrior Hunt

Post by cmcsmitty »

That's awesome. We really can't do enough for for these men and women on both sides of the border. Thanks for posting.
Blackout Ibex "Dark Angel"
Big John GT 2's
PSE X-Force Vendetta
Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 Cal
DaGriz Custom
rayman

Post by rayman »

Sopchoppy wrote:removed my Slick Trick and replaced it with a Swacker.
Is Swacker one of their sponsors? I think so.

I signed along with a group that is being organized through the Florida Deer Farmers Assoc to do some to do some fishing trips and hunts with Wounded Warriors and haven't heard back yet. Guess it takes time to organize these things. Kind of looking forward to it.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

rayman wrote:
Sopchoppy wrote:removed my Slick Trick and replaced it with a Swacker.
Is Swacker one of their sponsors? I think so.

I signed along with a group that is being organized through the Florida Deer Farmers Assoc to do some to do some fishing trips and hunts with Wounded Warriors and haven't heard back yet. Guess it takes time to organize these things. Kind of looking forward to it.
Swacker, Cmere Deer, Rocky, and PSE are their primary sponsors. Hank Jr. gave the WW's some Rocky stuff.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

That is something that I would be glad to assist with if I had the chance. I think giving back to those who paid such a huge price for our nation is the least that a person could offer them. I know if I ever become disabled in someway that someone will help me still get the chance to hunt.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

A very worthy event for sure. I would be truly honoured to have one of these soldiers use my Vortex as well.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads