practicing with lumenoks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buck hound

practicing with lumenoks

Post by buck hound »

Hi, I have been reading over this forum for a long time and have found some great information. I have been hunting with a crossbow for a few years now ,so Just wondering if anyone shoots lumenoks on your bolts if so do you practice with them and how much different will they shoot than a bolt without. After loosing bolt after bolt in the swamps of south jersey I decided to order some bolts with lumenoks to try thanks in advance for any info I can get.....
lscha

Re: practicing with lumenoks

Post by lscha »

I have been practicing with them all along. They last and last. When I first put Lumenoks on my original arrows they flew exactly the same as without them. I started using Lumen-Arrows last year. I've killed 2 bucks with them and I'll stick with them.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Mijo

Post by Mijo »

This summer I tested a firebolt with and without a luminok. @ 20yrds I found no arrow drop. But 30-50yrds my luminok was beginning to drop off around 1" intervals. My opinion always practice with the arrow your gonna shoot. Never know when the big old buck will show up.
Equinox
Lumenok fire bots
Boo string w/ wiskers
X-act or thunder Heads " depending on mood"
Lumi-zone scope
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

My Firebolts shoot about one inch lower with them. I have not tried them out since I changed my vanes to two inch Blazers but am hoping they drop a little less.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
buck hound

Post by buck hound »

Thanks I appreciate the help.