If Only I Had Waited 1 More Minute

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bugs

Re: If Only I Had Waited 1 More Minute

Post by bugs »

I had a similar experience once. I was getting ready to climb down at 1:15 one day after 3 hrs in the tree. I looked all around and saw nothing. Lowered my bow to the ground, got half way down my ladder and saw a 6 pt walking it. I froze but he saw me and took off. never saw that one again.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
maple

Post by maple »

I know how that works.

If you'd'a sat there all day nothing would'a come by.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

maple wrote:I know how that works.

If you'd'a sat there all day nothing would'a come by.
Ain't that the truth. Been busted a couple times right after climbing out of my treestand. :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

This is the big guy I came face to face with. Boo hoo. He's keeps coming back but only at night. The deer of a life time. All because of being impatient. Picked up the tree stand and trail cam today. I'm done for another year. No deer this season. Last years venison is running low but I saved the best cuts for last. The back straps.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I'm not sure if they come in realtree camo and crossbow version though! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Tom

Post by Tom »

VixChix wrote:I've actually had deer make scrapes where I've peed - doesn't seem to bother them. Might depend on what you eat & drink.
Vix that statement brought a good little laugh and some memories from the past. When I was fulling into building my own trail cameras, on the forum there was one builder that was having trouble with tresspassers. On day he got pictures of two people peeing on the ground in a few different areas around his stand. ! hour later he got pictures of deer (many) and 1 huge buck investigating where they peed. The buck actually started a paw scrape there and he did harvest that buck over the scrape.

The real funny part of this was, the two people were anti hunters (the Police caught them, and charged them) and they admitted that they were trying to scare the deer off away from the hunters.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Trail cameras are worth there weight in gold. I like that new Spy Point 3G Cell cam but at $600....
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

When i use to rabbit hunt with my beagle, all I had to do after waiting an eternity for the rabbit to come around was to haul out willie to pee and there it bounced out in the open and me holding the wrong artilery. Happened a lot but never with a deer. Really baaaaaaaaaad timing.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

VixChix wrote:I've actually had deer make scrapes where I've peed - doesn't seem to bother them. Might depend on what you eat & drink.
I'm thinking you might have a new business opportunity at hand. You could bottle your pee and sell it as BIG BUCK attractant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You could put it on the shelf right next to TINKS and CODE BLUE. Any of you guys got a good name for Vix's new product. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
wabi

Post by wabi »

Only had the leaving too soon happen once this year (so far).
Nothing moving, nothing in sight, about 20 minutes of hunting time left but I knew my bladder wouldn't hold it much longer so I lowered my Phoenix and climbed down from my ladder stand.
Me feet hit the ground, I reached for my Phoenix, and there at the edge of the food plot (about 40 yards) stood very nice 8 point looking at me. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing to do but laugh at my bad timing.
wabi