Had a couple visitors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowjay

Had a couple visitors

Post by xbowjay »

Sunday morning made my way to my stand before light. sat still and made no noise. at 8:15am here the faint sounds of hoofs comming my way. look threw the peep hole down my walk in path and see two little does comming in to my spot. one was a yearling and the othe this years fawn. Was looking for a buck cause we are saving our last 3 doe tags for rifle next week. spent almost 2 full hours with these little ones right in front of me (till 9:50am) they played, lied down in the sun, the little one tore apart a fallen birtch tree. was a wonderful amazing thing to witness these 2 oh natural for such a long period deep in the bush. :D
Axiom
707 acers pure deer bliss
Meldrum Bay, Manitoulin Island
flightattendant100

Re: Had a couple visitors

Post by flightattendant100 »

The part I like best about hunting is watching deer be deer when they dont know you are there. I love it.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I've had deer bed down within 30 yards on multiple occasions. They make great watchdogs, alerted me to approaching deer well before I could hear/see them.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
xbowjay

Post by xbowjay »

After about a hour I decided to play with them a little just to see what kind of limits they had. Ill tell you now im more confused now then when i started with them. I had used buck bomb and the older of the 2 sprayed right on top of it at the base of a tree. (that I liked to see). so i pulled out my buck roar and started of soft tried all diffrent settings, by the end i was honking into it. they would look up perk their ears but couldnt startle them to save my life. now these deer were between 20 and 35 yards the whole time. so i did somthing i never ever do while in my stand, I had a cigerette. the wind was in my favor so i guess that helped but I thought for sure that close they would smell somthing but no! they really liked the trophy rock but just walked right over the apples without a glance at them. anyway just thought i share a little more about that day.
Axiom
707 acers pure deer bliss
Meldrum Bay, Manitoulin Island
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Best thing about hunting is you get to see stuff most others only see on TV or read about
Tenpoint Matrix
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Dereck wrote:Best thing about hunting is you get to see stuff most others only see on TV or read about
Indeed! I love being out in the woods, it's good for the soul!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads