fletching kits?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowjay

fletching kits?

Post by xbowjay »

what is the best kit to buy for a guy that knows nothing about fletching or making bolts. Just looking for a winter hobbie for when the hunts are wrapped up. what kind of tips does everyone have. Is there a advantage to doing it your self.
Axiom
707 acers pure deer bliss
Meldrum Bay, Manitoulin Island
Normous

Re: fletching kits?

Post by Normous »

Thats an easy one, the Arizona E-Z Fletch Bolt for 2" vanes.
There are probably one hundred posts or more here on the forum giving positive reviews. I got mine way back in 1992 when I started to fletch my Excalibur arrows.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

ha! Ask Awshucks about this one... I'd be willing to bet he sleeps next to his EZ Bolt. :wink:

He's got one on it's way for me to test out. I have no doubt I too will be converted. Heard many a good things about them.

For the time being, I'm using a Bitzenburger that I seem to have dialed in fairly well for 2.25" vanes.
Last edited by Woodspike on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I use the Bohning blazer jig. Does 2 inch blazers one at a time but it works fine for me as I fletch likely 2 or 3 arrows a week. Like it so much I bought the big one made by Bohning for my 4 inch feathers for my recurve vertical bows

Post by newbie »

enormous wrote:Thats an easy one, the Arizona E-Z Fletch Bolt for 2" vanes.
There are probably one hundred posts or more here on the forum giving positive reviews. I got mine way back in 1992 when I started to fletch my Excalibur arrows.
I've just purchased one this fall and re did my fire bolts, best $55 I spent. Just had some issues with vanes pulling off but wasn't the E-Z was the operator!! I now find now difference in POI with either 125 or 150 gr broad heads.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
cooterdog

Post by cooterdog »

How did puting blazers on the Fire Bolts work for those that have done it? What glue are people using to fletch with? I used to use fletch-tite. Wife has gotten me 2doz fire bolts and hope to make them fly with 100gr Slick Tricks. Any suggestions?
Excalibur Equinox
Standard Firebolts
150grain slicks
JRT hunting partner
(coming soon)
HHA Opimizer
Redfield 2-7
EZ Fletch Bolt
Blazers
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

enormous wrote:Thats an easy one, the Arizona E-Z Fletch Bolt for 2" vanes.
DING DING DING...We have a winner!! Love my EZ Fletch Bolt. Very easy to use and it does a great job. :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads