Munch Mount ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gutshot2

Munch Mount ?

Post by gutshot2 »

Will an Ibex with a Munch mount installed(minus qiuver) fit in the Excalibur soft case? Also for those of using this mount did you upgrade to a better quiver?

The receiver bracket for my quiver seems too big for the slide on the quiver. No matter how tight I tighten the screw you can still grab the quiver and twist it back and for 1/4". Has anyone else ever had this problem or know a remedy?
Hoagy

Re: Munch Mount ?

Post by Hoagy »

Don't know about the softcase question.
My stock Excal quiver done the same thing (fit loose) but i found out I wasn't loosening the screw enough to let it insert into the receiver fully. Now with a little effort it seats properly & then I tighten the screw & theres no play in it. Fixed my problem.
Good luck, Hoagy
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Hello,
Yes a Ibex with a Munch mount will fit in excal soft case. You do have to remove the quiver however as there isn't that much height in the case. Terry's mount was a great add to my bow, I like the fact it feels more balanced and easier to carry into the bush.

Matt
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The bow with a munch mount minus the quiver will fit in the soft case no problem. My quiver has very little movement when it's in the mount bracket. A 1/4" of play/movement sure sounds like alot. Is the quiver seated all the way into the mount bracket?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gutshot2

Post by gutshot2 »

Got the problem solved. I had to file down about 1/8" of plastic on the front of the piece that slides in the receiver. You could see that the set screw was not getting in the little groove in the receiver for it. Tight now, thanks.