Meat Grinder/Sausage/Pepperette machine

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chuck AA

Meat Grinder/Sausage/Pepperette machine

Post by Chuck AA »

Hi, thinking of making my own sausage, salami/pepperttes etc. (yes, i have many years of butchering deer). Just need to know any suggestions on a brand or type of machine that is best (price is not necessarily an option, prefer to spend for a good machine.)
papa bear1

Re: Meat Grinder/Sausage/Pepperette machine

Post by papa bear1 »

Cabela,s has some great sales on right now, on some good quality machines.
Commercial grade. :wink:

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Joshua 24:15

Post by Joshua 24:15 »

Walmart.com also carries a lot of hunting supplies as well and usually has the best prices. Walmart.com also carries Excalibur accessories at a very good price. As for the brand of meat processing items, most are fairly compatable. I would read the reviews online from where you are purchasing the items for further details. That's what I did.
1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
rayman

Post by rayman »

As per much great advice provided in "Recommendations for meat grinder?", I went with a Cabela's 1 horse grinder. I had some gift certificates and they were on sale too with free shipping. Last week me and a friend set it up for the first time and ground about 100 lb of meat in 20 min. It never even though about slowing down. Had to keep turning it off so my friend could cut more meat. Reconfigured the blades to stuff into meat freezer bags. Clean up was a breeze. Just spray off everything outside and wash it in sink.

It come with 4 different sausage tubes. I'm looking forward to making link sausage when I have time to play.

Got a ground meat packing kit online from Southern Indiana Butcher Supply. You grind the meat, put on a large sausage tube, and run the meat back through the grinder putting it into 1 to 2 lb bags. Put the end of the bag through the device and it tapes it closed. Very fast process.

Our freezer if full of those little white bags now and I feel like a regular pro. :)
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Ditched my POS grinder and purchased STX Turboforce 3000. Great machine. Couldn't be happier. http://www.amazon.com/STX-TURBOFORCE-30 ... B0012KJBR0
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I just read the reviews on Amazon about that STX and I have to say its gets a good rating and there is nothing I have seen on the market that is even close in power, and right now its on sale at Amazon for only $150 :shock:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
mb5200

Post by mb5200 »

we have been using the cabela's 3/4 horse grinder for 3 seasons now and love it!
grinding or stuffing cases, its easy to use and does a great job.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Just got a LEM from Amazon and used it for the first time to grind deer into burger. I cut the meat into different sizes from 2" square to 8" long to see if it affected the grinder. It sucked it all down and pushed it out the plate faster than I could shove it in. I wore myself out last week grinding one for a friend with my old Northern Tool grinder, so I splurged on a good 'un. Glad I did and glad I got the LEM.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Chuck AA

Post by Chuck AA »

Thanks for the advice, fellow guys/ girls.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

best not get your fingers caught in this puppy :D :shock:

my grandfather put this together at least 10-15 years ago and even with dull blades this sucker never slows down. :D

Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Now thats awesome !!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone