New to Excalibur - Help me trick out my Equinox!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EricS

New to Excalibur - Help me trick out my Equinox!

Post by EricS »

Good morning folks! I'm a new crossbow owner and I started with the best - Excalibur!

After reading, researching, and 'test driving' numerous crossbows, I finally broke down and purchased an Equinox last night with the Shadowzone package, S5, and a couple of Flemish Strings.

What else would you suggest I pick up to finish tricking it out? Wisker silencers, recommend bolts, broadheads, case, sling, etc??

I'm very excited about my new purchase and look forward to all of your replies!

Regards,
Eric
wheelie

Re: New to Excalibur - Help me trick out my Equinox!

Post by wheelie »

EricS wrote:Good morning folks! I'm a new crossbow owner and I started with the best - Excalibur!

After reading, researching, and 'test driving' numerous crossbows, I finally broke down and purchased an Equinox last night with the Shadowzone package, S5, and a couple of Flemish Strings.

What else would you suggest I pick up to finish tricking it out? Wisker silencers, recommend bolts, broadheads, case, sling, etc??

I'm very excited about my new purchase and look forward to all of your replies!

Regards,
Eric
Shadowzone package sounds to me like you will have everything to shoot. Shoot for a while and it will come to you if you want to make changes. :) :) Excalibur makes and sells things that work well with there bows.

Maybe a 30th anniversary hat to remember when you bought it if you are old and a bad memory like me. LOL
derf

Post by derf »

i have a nox bow to.i use bigjohn custom bolts , vixenmaster custom string, much top mount. all available here on the forum. derf
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

1st thingy I'd be after is a stringing aid, don't believe they include them in the packages. W/ FFF's you will need it to adj brace height.

Here's a tip on that. W/ the FFF's install them high like 3/8" above the high mark and let the bow sit cocked overnight a time or three.

Also, you will have to be very careful to avoid a dryfire using that string, Bill T claims it's 40% [2 of 5] likely you'll splinter a limb.

Bill is the former owner who shot an elephant w/ a stock Emax, btw.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
"Eze 18:21"