New to Me Exomag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: New to Me Exomag

Post by Doe Master »

Wish you were just alittle closer to us . :) Might be able to help you .
Things to try .
Mark your string at rest on either side of the mainframe with white-out or something . That way when cocked you can see if you are cocking off center .
Check your arrows to make sure there is some offset to the fletching .
On the older model bows people have been known to put the stirrup on upside down .
Make sure the rings for the scope are both on the same side .
Good luck
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Mark your string at rest on either side of the mainframe with white-out or something . That way when cocked you can see if you are cocking off center .

This is very good advice also make sure when you are pulling with the cocking rope to keep the hooks right beside the rail on each side so your POI will be the same.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
frisky

Post by frisky »

Could the trigger assembly be loose or twisted in the rail?? :o
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Sounds as if it's a bad scope. Have had 3 scopes go bad on me over the last few years on my crossbows. I'd send it in right away to Danny and be done with that headache. :wink:
BamaBinder

Post by BamaBinder »

Thanks to everyone for the input.....a wealth of information here that isn't exactly covered in the book.

I have continued to troubleshoot. The stirrup is installed correctly so the vanes are not hitting it. I was aware of the correct way to use the cocking aid and always placed the string hooks next to the rail. I will dab some white on the string to verify the string is centered.

There is no visible damage to the trigger assembley, but I don't relly know what right looks like. Same with the scope rings and mount.

I have a theory I wanted to float out there. As I mentioned in the OP, the bolts I got were not correct in that they had a notched nock. I filed one down as flat as I could. Is it possible that if that nock is a little off that it could affect the flight of the bolt?

The scope is still suspect, but I don't want to fix it if it isn't broken.

When I have a minute, I'm going to call Danny Miller and order a new string and some new bolts with the correct nocks and try those out before I go any further.

Again, thanks for all the advice.
Steve
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

You've gotta get your arrow problem fixed to eliminate that as an issue, don't like the sound of that one yer using. Get a good matched set of proper arrows and the performance of that exomag will jump substantially. You can check the bst maybe find a deal on some good used ones. There are also custom arrow makers on this forum. That bow will soon be a sweet shooter with some good darts.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
frisky

Post by frisky »

You said

When I have a minute, I'm going to call Danny Miller and order a new string and some new bolts with the correct nocks and try those out before I go any further.

I think you have a winner, there :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting